Trans "Drill Mod"- Good Idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans "Drill Mod"- Good Idea?

I have been having the issue with the pressure of my clutch dis-engaging properly. Insted of ripping my Tranny out again since I changed the clutch about 1 week ago, I was reading that people Drill out the Hydrolic line that comes from the Master cylinder to the Slave cylinder. Is this a recommended fix?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

I have never heard of that one before.

I have heard that a lot of people with LS1 clutches have had a hard time getting the air bled out of them which causes the clutch to not release all the way.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      I have heard that a lot of people with LS1 clutches have had a hard time getting the air bled out of them which causes the clutch to not release all the way.
      Well I bleed it over and over and over again. So im pretty sure its not that.
      Yeah I heard that the Line have a restricter on the end of the line thats connected to the master cylinder.
      Drill Mod- Step #16
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Here are the links.

overall article
        http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...r_cylinder.htm

drill mod
        http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...#16. Drill Mod

I have not seen that one. That is a good find because I have seen that come up before. Let us know how it works.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          I have not seen that one. That is a good find because I have seen that come up before. Let us know how it works.
          Im going to try it today. Just hope i dont break anything, I have big plans this weekend!!!
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Amazing, I just finished the Mod, took about 2 hours but I'll tell you what, That clutch is like butter. Its like brand new. Was a little bit of a challenge but I managed. Thanks to my old man, he showed me how easy it is to bleed the Slave. But I recommend this mod very much. Any questions feel free.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

That's good to hear. I'll have to remember this thread. That will be a "challange".

Comment

Working...
              X