Which subframe connectors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which subframe connectors?

What are the best subframe connectors for both rigidity and for use as jack points so nobody else screws up my fenders? Do weld on connectors interfere with any kind of repair work underneath the vehicle?

Sub frames should not interfere with any underbody repairs. Definitely help as jack-points. Definitely do weld ins. The more touch points the better. I run the Kenny Browns.. I like-em, I am sure there are ones that are just as good or better. I would avoid those that only have 2 touch-points per side and are short. Good example, the LG Motorsports ones I think....

Comment

In a month or two I'm goin get SFC and I'm goin with SLP bolt ons. They look very solid and they are diamond shaped, essentially the same as the Kenny Browns. I've talked to alot of people amd they all seem to like em.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

I have had the SLP bolt-ons on my car for almost 2 years and love-em. I used a ton of loc-tite when I installed them and I have never needed to re-torque the bolts since.

95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Heres the Hotchkis connectors. Hard to see, but on the drivers side (right of the pic). They are weld ins, and dont interfere with anything. Nice to put the lift arms on in the rear.
          Attached Files
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

sub frame connectors

I use slp sub-frame connectors and i dont have a single complaint about them I think they are great. and they are not that expensive.
            http://slponline.com/view_product.asp?PARTNUMBER=70801

99 T/A WS-6
            SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
            2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
            88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Unless you plan on autocrossing or have a seriously modded 1/4 mile car I don't think you'd need anything like the double diamonds. Most subframe connectors should suit your needs. I bought mine from www.tbyrne.com and they're just fine. Made a significant difference in chassis rigidity.

I would recommend weld in SFC's though. Unless you decide to go with lateral tie ins like the double diamonds which may give you trouble in getting to some components for repair.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Whatever you go with, definitely weld them in. Bolt ins still allow for body flex. It's not that much to get it done and it will make a much bigger difference.

Comment

I REALLY like my SLPs; made a huge difference. 94,000 miles and the chassis and interior are both as tight as can be....love them.
                  '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                  '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                  '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                  '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

if your looking for subframce connectors, get ones made from tubing rather than flat sides. The tube connetors have less stress points and wont break as esay because there are no corners. also go for weld ins but if u get boltons you can get them welded too.
                    1989 IROC-Z 427
                    2002 ZL1 CAMARO SS 427
                    2003 CORVETTE ZO6
                    1993 LINGENFELTER TWIN TURBO VETTE
                    1996 LINGENFELTER TWIN TURBO CAMARO (CUSTOM)
                    1967 CORVETTE STINGRAY 427
                    1969 COPO CAMARO
                    2002 TRANS AM WS6

WATCH OUT JERSEY, IM COMIN FAST

Comment

Working...
                    X