Gtech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Performin Norman
    I had a Vericom a while back. It is the same unit that Motorweek magazine uses in their tests. It's really big though. Maybe they have a newer and more compact model out now.
    Ditto..... I still have the Vericom I bought back in 1995. It had a higher sampling rate than the g-Tech, and produced much more accurate results. I still use it every once in a while. It looks a bit clunky, since its a huge metal box with an antiquated LED display, but it still serves the purpose.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      DO NOT buy a g-tech pro. They fry left and right, that's why you see re-manufactured units out there. If anything, look at one of these:

http://www.msperformanceonline.com/PERFMETERSMSP.html

They are less fragile, don't fry as frequently and seem to be worth the dough.

I went and ordered the higher end one today directly from the company. Is this a fishy company or are they pretty legit?
      1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 TA
        I went and ordered the higher end one today directly from the company. Is this a fishy company or are they pretty legit?
        Are you talking about Beltronics or MSI? Beltronics has been around for over 20 years and builds some of the best radar detectors around. I've owned a couple of Bels.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          Are you talking about Beltronics or MSI? Beltronics has been around for over 20 years and builds some of the best radar detectors around. I've owned a couple of Bels.

MSI. This was one of my first times ordering online with a credit card and I don't want to take it in the .
          1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Working...
          X