Ashtray opening further?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashtray opening further?

Is there anyway to make the ashtray open up more than it normally does? I have a 97 console with an auto tranny if that helps. Thanks!

A little off topic here

I dont smoke but dont try and force it open cause someone did mine and its broke. Anyone know where I can get a replacement lid for it and how to put it in?

Comment

I don't smoke either. I'm trying to fit a dock for my portable player inside the ashtray lid, and have the lid close when not in use.

Mine broke a few years ago, was able to get a replacement at a dealer. Sorry I don't know the part number.

Comment

Mine broke last year. I was able to remove it from the upper console, but I was told by a couple dealers that you cannot buy this seperately and you must buy the upper console part, called the shift plate. This is the upper trim including the ash tray lid, cup holder, and the a/t shift plate (P, R, N, OD, etc.)

One place quoted me a price of 70 bucks. I've also tried watching ebay auctions and going to local junk yards but I cannot find it. I may have to bite the bullet and buy the new part in order to make it look whole again.

Bruce
        Bruce
        01 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 01Y87
          Mine broke last year. I was able to remove it from the upper console, but I was told by a couple dealers that you cannot buy this seperately and you must buy the upper console part, called the shift plate. This is the upper trim including the ash tray lid, cup holder, and the a/t shift plate (P, R, N, OD, etc.)

One place quoted me a price of 70 bucks. I've also tried watching ebay auctions and going to local junk yards but I cannot find it. I may have to bite the bullet and buy the new part in order to make it look whole again.

Bruce
          Sounds like you need to look for another dealer. I was able to buy just the lid and it only cost me $10.

Comment

Is that for the auto trans. model? what year? I think they are different from 98 on. And the 6 speed console is totally different. do you have a part number?
            Bruce
            01 Camaro

Comment

01Y87,

Yes, it's for an auto. 97+ have the updated console and I believe they're all the same. Sorry I don't have a part number.

6 speed may be different (I'm now guessing that's what you have)

Comment

No, mine is an auto. I can't find a part number for it and my local dealers say its not available.
                Bruce
                01 Camaro

Comment

Just thought of this. Do you still have the broken ashtray lid? If so, you may be able to get a part number off that.

Comment

#1, then pick your color
                    Attached Files
                    95 Z28 - K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back, Edelbrock STB, UMI Perf SFC, Performabuilt Pro Street 4L60E, 2800 Stall, Hayden tranny cooler, CRT Intake elbow, LS1 DS, 2k C5 replicas, Toyo Proxes T1S 255/40/17(f) 285/40/18(r), slotted rotors w/ Axxis MM pads, 15% front/5% rear tint, 97+ Console upgrade, all oils now synthetic

Bought and to install: UMI Adj LCA, Adj Panhard, LCA relocation brackets, 96 SS Spoiler....Broken and to be fixed

Comment

I'm going to have to take that over to my dealer and see if they'll sell me that.

bruce
                      Bruce
                      01 Camaro

Comment

Link to the whole 93-02 Camaro Parts Manual. http://www.z28.com/forum/showthread.php?p=312488
                        95 Z28 - K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back, Edelbrock STB, UMI Perf SFC, Performabuilt Pro Street 4L60E, 2800 Stall, Hayden tranny cooler, CRT Intake elbow, LS1 DS, 2k C5 replicas, Toyo Proxes T1S 255/40/17(f) 285/40/18(r), slotted rotors w/ Axxis MM pads, 15% front/5% rear tint, 97+ Console upgrade, all oils now synthetic

Bought and to install: UMI Adj LCA, Adj Panhard, LCA relocation brackets, 96 SS Spoiler....Broken and to be fixed

Comment

Working...
                        X