Beltronics Vector 2 results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beltronics Vector 2 results

So this is the closest thing I have to a track where I live and these are the numbers my car put up. It ran a 14.2 @ 101 mph with a 2.65 60 ft time. (elevation 4385 ft) Peak HP was 326. Are these good numbers considering the elevation. And I am assuming the HP is RWHP because the computer takes into account the drive train loss and drag coefficient.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

That seems about right. The weird thing is the 2.6 60 foot. Running a 14.2 with a 101 trap speed. Thats pretty good though. So how do you like it? Is it worth it?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
      That seems about right. The weird thing is the 2.6 60 foot. Running a 14.2 with a 101 trap speed. Thats pretty good though. So how do you like it? Is it worth it?
      Its a cool toy! I've driven my car alot harder since I've gotten it though. There isn't a good track with 150 miles of where I live so, for me, its a great investment. I found some conversion factors for elevation and this is the equivalent to a 13.4 @ 105 mph. If I work on my 60ft times my trap times should be much better. The road I did this on was not the best for traction.

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

The NHRA altitude correction factors for 4,385-ft are:

ET: 0.946 X 14.2 = 13.43
        MPH: 1.0575 X 101 = 106.8 MPH

The MPH would be indicative of a healthy, near stock LS1. The ET isn't that bad, and considering the weak 2.65 60-ft time would indicate the car should be easilly capable of breaking into the 12's at sea level. Simply be getting the 60-ft down to a decent 2.0 would put you in the low 13's at 4,385-ft.

If the Vector 2 is similar in accuracy to the original g-Tech, your ET is probably withing 1/10th of what you would see at the track, while the MPH could be anywhere from 2 to 4 MPH better than you would see.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I've got one of those original G-Techs sitting around here somewhere. Got it free when I bought a set of BFG tires about 5 years ago, and I think I used it once. Maybe I'll have to bust it out and start playing with it again.
          95 Z28 - K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back, Edelbrock STB, UMI Perf SFC, Performabuilt Pro Street 4L60E, 2800 Stall, Hayden tranny cooler, CRT Intake elbow, LS1 DS, 2k C5 replicas, Toyo Proxes T1S 255/40/17(f) 285/40/18(r), slotted rotors w/ Axxis MM pads, 15% front/5% rear tint, 97+ Console upgrade, all oils now synthetic

Bought and to install: UMI Adj LCA, Adj Panhard, LCA relocation brackets, 96 SS Spoiler....Broken and to be fixed

Comment

I ran my car again this morning and I got a 14.1 @ 97 mph (rabbit in the way) . 2.15 60ft time though . So it gave me A rwhp rating of 343 @ 78mph. I have my cars weight entered @ 3820 (I weighed it at work on the truck scales), I entered the drag coefficient at 6.72, and my manual transmission drive train loss @ .15. Does this sound correct.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 TA
              I entered the drag coefficient at 6.72, Does this sound correct.
              Doesn't sound correct to me. Most cars have a CD of .30 to .60 so I'm not sure where you are pulling your number from. I haven't messed with CD figures in years so maybe I'm missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                Doesn't sound correct to me. Most cars have a CD of .30 to .60 so I'm not sure where you are pulling your number from. I haven't messed with CD figures in years so maybe I'm missing something?

My bad I am mixed up, I have that number set at .35. There is another number the represnts the area of the front of your car. the default is 7 a c5 corvette is a 6.5 so I set mine at 6.72.

Comment

Working...
                X