No announcement yet.

12 inch subwoofer box/small oil leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's a 10". I didn't try for a 12" but I would assume, judging by what I saw when I did mine, that a 12" would need a custom fiberglass enclousred to fit well, because with the wood you can only put a square box on the rear of the enclosre, which doesn't leave room for a lot of speaker.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Yeah My was completely custom. Hey Raro, I used a circ. Saw. ha ha ha.
      Yeah I would recommend a table saw. I build boxes and stuff like that all the time. It all has to do with the dimensions of the box and matching the RMS watts of the speaker and amp. Me and my brother built this huge box for one single 12 inch Solo-baric. It was only 600 watts. We had it in my brothers truck. Lets just say, It was pretty much the loudest thing I have ever heard. Your talking about well over 125 db. I had the system in the Honda over 100db. Yes If your going to make it yourself go and get yourself some MDF 3/4" wood. Get yourself some 1" wood screw, liquid nail glue and the key is to pre-drill everything (or else the wood will split). The next question is if your going to make a sealed or ported box.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

i always had sealed boxs i never had to make a custum box but took woodshop in highschool got a b so i think i can figure it out if i just buy a dual 12" box can i still use ttop storage (what type of oil do u use)
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

I run 10w-30. Year around. Where in So. Cal. it never really gets that cold so I dont have to worry about it. Yeah I did alot of work on my old system. Here is a couple of pictures:

Started Measuring all the sides out. Finallt got all the sides together with screws and liquid nail glue. Then began on the main panel and all the wires. Then the finished product.

Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

eddie that box looks awesome. you do any fiberglass work or strictly wood?
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Hey guys i was gona say pro-box makes a 12inch ported enclosure that sits down in the place where the t-tops go, then sits flush with the two plastic panels in the back. It fits like it was made there, it bumps real nice.
              i think the site is proboxrocks.com they should have a pic
              '97 Trans Am - B&M Short Throw - B&M Line Lock - k&N Cold air - 6 speed - Lt1 T-Tops - Lowered

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                eddie that box looks awesome. you do any fiberglass work or strictly wood?
                You know, Its always been something I have wanted to get into, But its not very Cheap and Im in no way Wealthy. ha ha ha. I helped My buddy do some Fiberglass work with "Angel hair" and some other stuff. Thank for the compliment. Me and my brother (AmericanZ28) did that system. He helped me with the dimensions and I invested the 36+ hours of Fab. work.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

dammmm conelite gettin down i put in first system with my friend many hours very ghetto lots of beer sounded good 12'' sub 2 6x9 tweeters 500watt amp and some little punches but i had wires everwhere and i would short something ever week or blow a fuse (it was okay though it was 1985 honda civic hback S not the SI (the S )it faded from three colors of red and had a ty wraped bumber (i hit a trash can) ghetto but fast B16. got a new car 1995 honda accord LX took it bestbuy to install the stuff so it would be done write not like the S, everthing was stolen at best buy i said i was going to sue and i called the cops on there ass the gave me some crazy deck plays movies 1440 rockferd amp and 12" sub and box 4 year warranty on everthing and free install (came up) since all my old stuff was bought from friends crack heads and garage sales ,probaly just gonna buy a dual 12'' box and fork out the extra money for another sub
                  2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Ha ha ha. I used to do those Ghetto Installs back like in middle school. I have been doing this kind of work for years. That system That i installed was amazing. I has Kicker components up from and Kicker full range in the back. I was running 8 guage Speaker wire to all 4 corners. It was Insane. Never once did one single speaker not work. In wiring alone it was around $60. Then when I was at the track some guy was selling a cam for a D16/15 for 30 bucks. Got that. Then had all tower bars and coil overs and header and fully custom exhaust. I also did a Custom Battery Relocation to the trunk, Why? B/c I was bored one day and the welder was calling my name. ha ha ha ha ha.

I also did a customer install in my buddies 2000 Civic. It was nowhere near as good but pretty nice. Has the Cross overs on the side of the center conpartment. I sometimes amaze myself on how much crap I would come up with.

Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                      are ur front speakers stock wondering if it will still sound good right now i got 1400 amp rockferd fosgate and a 12 same brand and a nice deck forgot the brand sold all my other speakers with the my previous ride my old box wont fit

my door speakers are stock but the ones in the back seat area are alpine type s. it sounds good, im just dreading taking off the door panels to get to the front speakers.
                      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by redws6
                        my door speakers are stock but the ones in the back seat area are alpine type s. it sounds good, im just dreading taking off the door panels to get to the front speakers.
                        You know what man, I just did my window motor and to remove the door panel is extremely easy. If I really try I can have one off in less that 2 minutes.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                        X