No announcement yet.

problem being looked at

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talked to the guy said it was the mainseal or headgasket that was leaking oil he says it real bad but i check the oil everday and it barely leaks and he said it was the caps or sparkplug wires i have it all written down but left with the other shop he was talking how in need to get my exhaust fixed cause cutouts r illegal ill tell u guys what the other shop says at 600
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

if i remember u have an LT1 right? if so its prob the rear main seal. u can do it urself just need to pull the tranny out and get couple hand tools. also the wires u can do urself and the plugs. dont go to dealers. they charged my buddy with a 5.0 mustang(90 GT) 600 to replace a MAF sensor and an oil change. yea he got messed really hard
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
        talked to the guy said it was the mainseal or headgasket that was leaking oil he says it real bad but i check the oil everday and it barely leaks and he said it was the caps or sparkplug wires i have it all written down but left with the other shop he was talking how in need to get my exhaust fixed cause cutouts r illegal ill tell u guys what the other shop says at 600
        Hey buddy, Try and clean up your sentences b/c they are very hard to read. I mean I know this is not grammer school but makes it easier for us to help you out. ha ha
        What are the caps? Yes Cut outs are illegal if you have them uncapped. They are for "Off-Road" use only. You can have one installed and simply have it capped and you should be fine. If it is the rear main seal then yeah your going to have to take it to the shop and get it replaced. Thats going to be a pretty penny.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

sorry about the grammer when i was typing yesterday i was at work so i have to type fast cause ill have to help a customer or im in the middle of a big order or mixing chemicals,took it the other shop they said i need a new fuel pump cause something is wrong with my oil pressure and new spark plugs they didnt look at the oil leak they forgot havent got a price yet cause the owner and girlfriend were in TJ and the mechanics dont speak good english ill find out on monday how much are fuel pumps sorry if the grammers bad this time i just got back from a horseshoe game and we drank a 36 pack thanks how much is a pretty penny
          2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

It doesn't make sense that you'd need a fuel pump because the oil pressure is bad.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

i know he left and talked to me on the phone and i could barely hear him and i couldnt talk to the mechanics(bad english)ill find out on monday( my heads have been retorqued and resurfaced what does this mean)

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                ( my heads have been retorqued and resurfaced what does this mean)
                They either blew a head gasket and was repaired, Or something wa changed. When you do this you have the heads resurfaced which means they shave off very little of the face of the head.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                  They either blew a head gasket and was repaired, Or something wa changed. When you do this you have the heads resurfaced which means they shave off very little of the face of the head.
                  Or they could have done it in an attempt to increase the combustion ratio.
                  Dave M
                  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

looked under the car,its oily towards the front of the car where u drain the oil ,only drips when car is running or after running kinda bubbles out looked the best i could without a jack cant tell where the leaks comeing from cause everthing in the area is oily everone in town acts like f-bodys are trouble to work on, how much hp is gained with cutout off car seems twice as slow with it on

Comment

Working...
                    X