Major Clutch Problems- Please Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Clutch Problems- Please Help

Well over the past 2 or 3 weeks I have been noticing that it seems like the clutch is going out (Replaced it 2-3 months ago). When I begin to drive every morning to work, Im driving normal and everything is fine. First gear grabs real hard, no problems. I put it into second, nothing, and if Im like in 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th and I push in the gas to simply speed up a little quicker than normal and the engine rev's up like its slipping like crazy then i let off and it grabs again. Im guessing that its the clutch, but I just replaced it. The rear main seal was not leaking and Im not leaking any oil from what I know. It would make sense if it was leaking oil and it got all over the Clutch, but its not leaking at all. I did not replace the Slave when I did the clutch. Im pretty sure its the Original one (61k miles). Can it be that the Slave is not disengaging completely? Has anyone ever hear of this? I want to see if maybe there is something im overlooking before I spend another f%$#en $400 on another clutch . Its a SPEC S1. I heard good things and bad about these clutches. If I replace it Im going with a stock one and a new Slave.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Has anyone ever experienced the Slave leaking brake Fluid? The only thing I can think of is that the slave it leaking and Fluid is getting on the clutch.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I really can help other than is really sounds like the clutch. Are you loosing fluid from the slave? Your going to have to pull it down most likely to find out what's happening. Good luck and let us know what you find..
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

you could have gotten a bad clutch, something could have gone wrong during the install.

Dude, the guys at SPEC are awesome. Call them and let them know the situation. I'm positive that they will send u a new clutch if you send in the old one.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          you could have gotten a bad clutch, something could have gone wrong during the install.

Dude, the guys at SPEC are awesome. Call them and let them know the situation. I'm positive that they will send u a new clutch if you send in the old one.
          Thanks bro, But here is the kicker. I just ran to Lunch right now and yes it was still doing the same thing. Then as Im pulling out of Taco Bell a car was coming pretty quick so i mash it and Tail whip it a little and I slam second in and then I was up to speed and I see if it was still doing the same thing and it completely went away. My only guess now is that the Pressure is a POS and is not disengaging all the way, and when I slammed on it, it applied all the pressure correctly. Has anyone ever heard of this. Yeah Im going to give Spec a call see whats going on. Maybe they can help me out b/c right now I cant afford a new clutch.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
          X