Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to know what everyone thinks!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if you direct wire a line to the fan with a switch, and the fan doesn't spin, and the wires get hot, sounds like a dead short. Probably the fan motor is cooked, easy to get a replacement, either used or Auto Zone-

If you stay with the manual switch, you may want to think about putting a fuse in the feed line in case something like this happens again. Fire safety, and all that-
    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

soooo how do i wire in a relay? is it the same as the fan relay? i changed the one(its right next to the fuel pump relay on the drivers side) thank you so much all the advice is really helping me! the wire i was using is ten guage so i guess that a good start!!!!!!

Comment

oh yeah the fan spins its just the wires get super hot!

Comment

What gage wire are you using? It's written on the side of the wire.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by blackcamarochick
            oh yeah the fan spins its just the wires get super hot!
            Chances are your running some 14-18g speaker wire to. Run at least 14-10 industrial wire b/c the load for something like the fan is alot greater than Speaker wire can Handle.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
            X