No Heat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Heat

My heater in my 91 camaro does not put out any heat. The heater core and valve for the heater are both new and have not helped. The controls seem to be working fine, you can hear the vacuum when you move the slides and everything seems to be working. Any ideas.
    Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

What does the engine temperture gauge show? Is it real low?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

There is an air intake valve under the dash at the firewall that is probably stuck. It is not easy to get to it. I had this problem on my 2nd gen. Don't know exactly where it would be on yours.

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

There is no heat at any temp even up to 220 when the cooling fan kicks in.
        Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

OK so it's not the thermostat. Sounds like the flapper plate door that switches the air from blowing across the heater core is not working. I agree with Mirroredshades. Find the vacuum diaphragm that operates the flapper door and make sure it moves when you turn the temp from hot to cold.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
          X