No announcement yet.

missing in fourth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure someone can post a pic of the RA setup but basically start with the throttle body. Moving toward the front of the car, connected to the TB is the MAF and connected to that is the housing for your air filter. The MAF should look like the one pictured just oriented 90 degrees differently.
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Pardon my rudimentary drawing skills but here's the basic idea:
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

The MAF is circled on a RamAir sys. Sorry the pic is so small.

Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Im still a little confused, do I need to take off my throttle body to get the MAF,and what type off cleaner should I use
          2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

no, just the air intake tube leading to the throttle body.....

Hey, before you go through all that trouble, do your spark plug wires have those metal guards on the end that plugs into the spark plugs at the engine block? If those metal guards are still on there, that's most likely the cause. All you'd have to do is remove the guards and it's fixed.

I had the same problem - a miss at low rpm's that almost made my car undriveable. It was a quick fix.
            Darrin C
            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
              If the cutout is past the cat then it's way past the O2 sensor. Might just be a coincidence with the cutout. I assume you capped the cutout after the car cooled off. Did you try it uncapped when it was cool?

The reason I ask is when my optispark started going it only seemed to act up at low rpm under load and when hot. Once I got to crusing speed the car ran fine, or at least fine enough so I couldn't notice. Not sure how the car's temp effects the opti but it did. On cold days the car would run fine, or let's say much better. Once it started going it was only a couple months and the car would barely run and a bad opti is a common performance issue. Have you replaced the water pump within the last year? All that water leaking is an opti killer. Are you getting engine codes? (check engine light on) If so, buy, borrow, steal an OBDII scan tool and check the codes.
              My car is doing the same thing right now. The hotter the car and outside temp is, the more the electric parts get heat soaked under the hood.
              1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

Working...
              X