Electronic Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Problems

I have an LT1 '89 Firebird w/ an electronic speedo. I'm putting a TH350 in it shortly. The only way I have found is to use a "VSS VDO Sender Dead End" from Caspers Electronics and route it through a "Universal Signal Interface" from Dakota Digital. Also, build a resistor box I found on fbody.com. (link at bottom) Do you think this will work? I want to be sure before I get into all that. Thanks_LT1_Performance

VSS VDO Sender- $90.00
    Universal Signal Interface- $75.00
    Resistor Box (build cost)- ~30.00

http://www.fbody.com/tech/details.cgi?id=18

looks like it should work. are you trying to keep the stock appearance? if not it'd be cheaper to just use a manual speedo that'll work with the th350 tranny.
    87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Wait there's more!

Well a manual speedo would work but the PCM form the Lt1 350 engine I'm running requires a VSS signal. It also has to have a 4k ppm signal. (the pcm) And, the speedo needs an 8k ppm signal I believe. (correct me if I'm wrong) So it requires the Signal Interface, but, does anyone know if I can just use the one or do I need to have one for each signal? Thanks_LT1_Performance

Comment

Working...
      X