got pulled over(need help)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got pulled over(need help)

i got pulled over,got a ticket for my front tinted windows,And for not having a front license plate,Is there a way to put a front license plate on my front end without drilling into the bumper,Ive never even seen a front license plant on a TA,
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Yes. Mount it to the lower air dam.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

is there a certain kit i have 2 buy,I dont even have a front license plate where to I get that at
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

DMV homie
        -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

That sucks man. How much did they get you for?

A lot of people on this site have simply drilled the front plate onto the Air Dam and is legal in most areas. Check your local laws and pay attention to how it is worded.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
            That sucks man. How much did they get you for?

A lot of people on this site have simply drilled the front plate onto the Air Dam and is legal in most areas. Check your local laws and pay attention to how it is worded.
            Where can you get this information?
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

It took this Pennsylvanian 1 minute to find it on the CA DMV site and it reads like this:
              Positioning of Plates

5201. License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground.
              Legibility:
              (2) The installation of a license plate security cover is not a violation of this subdivision if the device does not obstruct or impair the recognition of the license plate information, including, but not limited to, the issuing state, license plate number, and registration tabs, and the cover is limited to the area directly over the top of the registration tabs. No portion of a license plate security cover shall rest over the license plate number.
              It's all Here

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                It took this Pennsylvanian 1 minute to find it on the CA DMV site and it reads like this:

Legibility:

It's all Here
                Thanks "Pennsylvanian!" ha ha ha

From my understanding as long as you can see it its fine. The front does not have a height requirement. On the Air Dam it goes.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

u think police would have better thing's to do in this wannabe gangster tweaker town then pullover someone for tinted windows and a license plate,Im just going to put the front plant and retint the windows after I get the fixit ticket sighned,So Know i have to go to the DMV order a plate,take off my tint and look real gay,Do any of u guys have a link for a kit that hooks up to the air dam,or do I just ghetto rig one,Im going to take it off soon as I get the ticket sighned

Comment

All you need is 4 locker nuts and 4 bolts. Pretty simple. Im going to do mine this weekend. Im going to get a slab of like 16g steel to re-enforce the rear for better support.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                      u think police would have better thing's to do in this wannabe gangster tweaker town then pullover someone for tinted windows and a license plate,Im just going to put the front plant and retint the windows after I get the fixit ticket sighned,So Know i have to go to the DMV order a plate,take off my tint and look real gay,Do any of u guys have a link for a kit that hooks up to the air dam,or do I just ghetto rig one,Im going to take it off soon as I get the ticket sighned
                      I'm very close friends with two officers in my town. I'm sure officer (DJ) Taso can also agree on this. Tinted windows hide everything from an approching officer. They can't tell if you have a weapon or whatever. The last thing any cop wants is to get shot on a routine traffic stop.

I have really dark windows all around my car. I am fully aware I could get pulled over and ticketed. I also understand that if/when it happens, it was my own fault. It's a chance you take with front tinted glass.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

SLP used to sell a bracket that mounts to the bottom of the front facia. Works very well, have had it on my Ragtop for 7 years.

Only mod I mad to it was to use an aluminum plate on the inside of the facia to prevent the bolts from pulling through if you happen to bump a parking curb or anything.
                        2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                          I'm very close friends with two officers in my town. I'm sure officer (DJ) Taso can also agree on this. Tinted windows hide everything from an approching officer. They can't tell if you have a weapon or whatever. The last thing any cop wants is to get shot on a routine traffic stop.

I have really dark windows all around my car. I am fully aware I could get pulled over and ticketed. I also understand that if/when it happens, it was my own fault. It's a chance you take with front tinted glass.
                          Im aware that it is my own fault,and it is illegal,It just makes me mad,I workout with many police officers at my MMA gym,and they all have there windows tinted,So its like its okay for them to have there windows tinted because there police officers ,but not for me,And most cops I see dont care,I feel like I just happen to drive by a cop having a bad day

Comment

Unfortunately I think this may be a case of a kid driving a hot car. It happens, and it use to happen to me. Saying that, I have the utmost respect for our men and women in blue, they have a job that most of us don't want and they get very little recognition for their sacrifices. That is until some maniac with a gun shoots one of them.
                            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                              Im aware that it is my own fault,and it is illegal,It just makes me mad,I workout with many police officers at my MMA gym,and they all have there windows tinted,So its like its okay for them to have there windows tinted because there police officers ,but not for me,And most cops I see dont care,I feel like I just happen to drive by a cop having a bad day
                              Hey, man... More than likely, you are right. It probably was a cop in a sour mood. It's a game of chance. Nine times out of ten, you're probably safe. It just takes the right day and the right officer in the wrong mood.

The front plate thing is a bit annoying. I have my front plate in my trunk. If I get nailed, I get nailed. I'm just not willing to drill holes in my bumper.
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X