got pulled over(need help)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steel2686
    Hey, man... More than likely, you are right. It probably was a cop in a sour mood. It's a game of chance. Nine times out of ten, you're probably safe. It just takes the right day and the right officer in the wrong mood.

The front plate thing is a bit annoying. I have my front plate in my trunk. If I get nailed, I get nailed. I'm just not willing to drill holes in my bumper.
    I just hate having to deal with the fixit tickets but laws are laws,Im not trying to hate on the cop,he was just doing his job,
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

The window tint is obstruction of view thats why its illegal. The front plate is the most annoying one. I have got nailed for no front plate 3 times. Twice in my bird. This last time The cops were being comeplete A-Holes and started to seriously question if the car was stolen and if it was mine. They put me in the back of the cop car and searched my car. Lets just say, They got my $.02. They didnt even tell me why they pulled me over until i was in the back of the cop car. I knew I didnt have to let them search my car but oh well i had nothing to hide. But its pretty degrading when your a hard working American, that's never done drugs or has nothing illegal in the car, and they do that. All b/c Im a young bald hispanic male driving a nice car. Whatever.

And they still gave me a non-fixable ticket for no front licence plate. Oh I was PO'ed. Oh well what can you do. To late now.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

What is this Fixit ticket business? Does that mean you fix whatever you did and then have a cop look at it? We definitely don't have that in PA but on the upside we don't have front plates.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
          What is this Fixit ticket business? Does that mean you fix whatever you did and then have a cop look at it? We definitely don't have that in PA but on the upside we don't have front plates.
          Yes. If the offence is "Correctable" you fix whatever is wrong then you have a cop sign it off or go to the court house and have them check it. Then you have to pay the processing fee's.
          The bad thing is, If you take it to the CHP office to have it signed off, its free but you run the chance of them giving you a ticket for something else, like tint. If you go to the court room you have to pay $25 to have a lady walk outside and look at ur car. So either way it sucks and takes up time.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

or u can pay the fine and not fix anything
            2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
              or u can pay the fine and not fix anything
              yeah I have no choice. The cop put Non-Correctable so.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                yeah I have no choice. The cop put Non-Correctable so.
                thats pretty gay

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil

We do have fix-it tickets in PA. For example, say you have a burned out taillight. The cop can write you a ticket that makes you fix it within a given time frame or a fine sets in.

And for DHolmes, cops pick on things like front liscense plates and tinting because those minor stops usually lead to bigger things like drug busts or DUI's. Usually they aren't so much picking on you for the tinting or plate but they're using that as an excuse to look for other things while they have you pulled over. But yes, some cops just like to pull over every infraction they see just because they can or they're bored. Just like any profession, you have by-the-book guys and guys that are more laid back.
                  Dave M
                  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                    We do have fix-it tickets in PA. For example, say you have a burned out taillight. The cop can write you a ticket that makes you fix it within a given time frame or a fine sets in.
                    Interesting, I never heard of our state doing that. I always replace my bulbs the second they go out so I wouldn't know.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Just curious, do you have illegal tint all the way around? It does suck to have to go and take it off now, but next time do what I did...and the 'bird will still look great. I had them do the legal stuff on the door windows, but illegal on the rear hatch. It still made it nice and dark all the way around, and if a cop bust me more than likely he will just check the door window and find that I am legal. Works for me for inspection too because they don't reach around to the rear hatch.
                      As far as the plate, I can't offer any advice other than what has been already mentioned in this thread.....I am just lucky NC doesn't require a front!!! Hahaha, just had to rub it in
                      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
                        Just curious, do you have illegal tint all the way around? It does suck to have to go and take it off now, but next time do what I did...and the 'bird will still look great. I had them do the legal stuff on the door windows, but illegal on the rear hatch. It still made it nice and dark all the way around, and if a cop bust me more than likely he will just check the door window and find that I am legal. Works for me for inspection too because they don't reach around to the rear hatch.
                        As far as the plate, I can't offer any advice other than what has been already mentioned in this thread.....I am just lucky NC doesn't require a front!!! Hahaha, just had to rub it in
                        The rear window does not matter. If its a 4 door, the back windows can be spray painted black and its still legal. All that matters is the front doors and Windshield. Here in Cali. Any tint on the front doors no matter what is illegal. I have a buddy that has 3 layers of limo tint on the 5 back pcs of glass on his Tahoe and just light on the front doors. Never been pulled over for it.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
                          I have limo tint in the back,Its only illegal to tint the front window's in cali,the back ones can de dark as u want,

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                            I knew I didnt have to let them search my car but oh well i had nothing to hide.
                            The first words out of your mouth should have been:

"What exactly are you looking for and where is your search warrant? You may not search my car."

If you do not consent and the officer states he is going to search your car anyway, do NOT oppose the officer. Tell him you do NOT consent, ask him if he has probable cause to search, and keep it at that. You can exercise your legal options later. If you oppose the officer and get arrested, then now the officer can search your car legally (called a search incident to arrest.)

PLEASE EVERYONE, do not give away your rights too easily.. They are being taken systematically already! Know your rights and please assert them.
                            '99 A4 1.8T QMS Santorin
                            (Hey, that's not an F-Body)

Comment

Originally posted by e40
                              The first words out of your mouth should have been:

"What exactly are you looking for and where is your search warrant? You may not search my car."

If you do not consent and the officer states he is going to search your car anyway, do NOT oppose the officer. Tell him you do NOT consent, ask him if he has probable cause to search, and keep it at that. You can exercise your legal options later. If you oppose the officer and get arrested, then now the officer can search your car legally (called a search incident to arrest.)

PLEASE EVERYONE, do not give away your rights too easily.. They are being taken systematically already! Know your rights and please assert them.
                              Very good point. I have done this in the past When I had my honda. This time I should of done the same thing but you know when there is a Cop at your door no matter what your blood starts racing some.
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                                u think police would have better thing's to do in this wannabe gangster tweaker town then pullover someone for tinted windows and a license plate,Im just going to put the front plant and retint the windows after I get the fixit ticket sighned,So Know i have to go to the DMV order a plate,take off my tint and look real gay,Do any of u guys have a link for a kit that hooks up to the air dam,or do I just ghetto rig one,Im going to take it off soon as I get the ticket sighned
                                It's the rookie cops who pull you over for small things like that. They get a rush out of it.

I could care less if you have tinted windows or no front plates. Unless your plates come back as stolen, suspended, etc, then I would have a field day with you. If your plates come back clean, I wont touch you.

Next time you get pulled over for a nuisance, don't be afraid to ask the cop how long he's been on the force. It's usually the ones with under 4 years who stop you for stuff like that.
                                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                                X