Tranny wiring 95 LT1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny wiring 95 LT1

I bought a '95 Formula Firebird convertible about a year ago as a project car and taken care of the usual leaks, overheating, squeeks, slow windows, slow convertible top, etc. without much help. Getting down to the last few real problems, I'm having trouble finding documentation to help. So here's one I hope the forum can help with.

The transmission wiring for some reason has been relocated over the top of the engine wiring harness (ECM wiring) and over the passenger side valve cover and down to the tranny over the top. I pretty sure that it's not right, and not sure why it was moved. It's WAY too tight, and it's going to eventually break if not moved. Does anyone know the proper wire harness path? Pictures? Which Manual?

I suspect it was moved when the new catalytic converter was installed before I bought the car. It's a factory GM cat setup, so the wiring harness should fit in the stock location.

Thanks for the help,
    Jim

Manual or auto tranny? Any chance that someone swapped transmission types?

Rob/Shoebox has extensive documentation regarding the 95 F-Body on his website. Not sure I've seen photos of the tranny harness wiring, but its might be worth a look:

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

It's an automatic. I ran the VIN when I bought the car, and an automatic is correct. I can't find any evidence that it's been pulled. The only thing new under the car is the catalytic converter and the Y pipe (factory GM unit).

I also know, at some point in time the right fender was damaged. I had to weld in a new radiator cross member so I suspect that the front suspension (lower control arm) on the right side may have also been changed. That may account for the wiring being moved as well. (body shop).

By the way . . . I also need a used/good OEM right (passenger) fender

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X