275-40-17 on front alignment issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 275-40-17 on front alignment issues

does any of you guys running this size tire on the front pull your car. my allignment was perfect before. did you have to set it up with a negative camber to fix this if you have the specs please post them.thanks
    93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

I asked a similar question about a year ago. On rutted highways, my car will, sometimes violently, shift left to right. Wider tires just grip the road better than narrow tires causing them to follow road imperfections. I havent found a solution for it... Never tried adjusting my camber though.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

I am. A local Firestone place aligned my car to a toe of .02 and it fixed it. The spec is I think .12 to -.12 . Is was at .10 . The tolerance they say is allowable is too loose. Make them set it perfect.

Also running too high or too low of an air pressure will make it pull (to low) and dart (tramlin)(to high). The mfg spec is 30 psi.

A friend of mine with an 03 Cobra was having the same problem. He took it to the same dealership last Saturday. He had it at another dealership twice and the weeks before and they could not get it to drive right. (He doesn't think they aligned the IRS in the rear.) They spent 2 hours adjusting it but they got it right on the numbers. He said it drives perfect now. His quote was "I am proud of my car again."
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

On rutted highways, my car will, sometimes violently, shift left to right.
        Same problem here, we have a section of Interstate here that has deep grooves and it's a real pain to drive on, people prolly think I'm drunk.
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by botlfed
          does any of you guys running this size tire on the front pull your car. my allignment was perfect before. did you have to set it up with a negative camber to fix this if you have the specs please post them.thanks
          Im having a pulling to the right issue right know
          2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Working...
          X