No announcement yet.

Clutch #2-Extreme Chatter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only reprieve with SPEC was that after I had a new setup installed in my car I did send the clutch, PP and Al FW back to SPEC to have them evaluate them. About a week later they call me and say "looks like normal wear". I tell the guy the clutch only has 10K on it and he says, oh, that's not normal. Bottom line, they offered to send me a new clutch & PP and to replace the inserts in the FW and rebalance it for $100.

So I have a brand new setup sitting in a box in the garage just in case......problem is I don't know if I trust it or not.
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
      My only reprieve with SPEC was that after I had a new setup installed in my car I did send the clutch, PP and Al FW back to SPEC to have them evaluate them. About a week later they call me and say "looks like normal wear". I tell the guy the clutch only has 10K on it and he says, oh, that's not normal. Bottom line, they offered to send me a new clutch & PP and to replace the inserts in the FW and rebalance it for $100.

So I have a brand new setup sitting in a box in the garage just in case......problem is I don't know if I trust it or not.
      Yea they sent me a stage 1 clutch because I would not put a stage 2 back in my car. So I have a spare clutch too which I am afraid to use. Hopefully the SLP will last me until I sell the car when I buy a Vette.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Im going to call them and see what they tell me. Im sure its going to be around the same lines as what they did for you guys.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

AHHHHHH!!

horrible customer service. Off-topic Thread posted
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
          X