Smog pump removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smog pump removal

I finally got my car tuned. 348hp at the wheels. Jeff (my tuner) said I could go ahead and remove my smog pump and egr. The egr is off, I was just wondering if there was any tips you guys could give me with the smog pump. Also, is there any one out there that makes aftermarket inserts for the ram air hood on a 97? thanks
    1997 Formula WS6
    43,000 miles, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6 Roller Rockers, Ported Heads, Long Tubes, Borg Warner Built T56, Stage 3 Clutch, Aluminum Drive Shaft, Strange Engineering 12 bolt 4.11 Rearend, Nitrous Express wet shot.
    2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T
    18,000 miles, Stock, and staying that way (Daily Driver).

you will need some plugs for the headers or you could weld your fittings up. The stainless air tube that runs below the engine is hard to get out, you might need to cut it in a couple places with a dremel tool. The rest - the pump and bracket - just take it off and get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 97formws6
      I finally got my car tuned. 348hp at the wheels. Jeff (my tuner) said I could go ahead and remove my smog pump and egr. The egr is off, I was just wondering if there was any tips you guys could give me with the smog pump. Also, is there any one out there that makes aftermarket inserts for the ram air hood on a 97? thanks
      I've seen stainless steel grill inserts for the WS6 on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
      X