Gonna buy Rims Any Ideals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna buy Rims Any Ideals?

Well im looking for some new rims i got 16" alloys but the tires have life left in them there 245's but they suck in rain im looking at some ws6 rims but can't deside on chrome/polished ones or the 02 ws6 rims i know if i go 17" ill have get speedo reprogrammed would i need spacers for them or anything?

1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Everything that came stock on the cars will not require programming if you use the same as stock, or properly adjusted sized tires.

93-02 are all interchangeable except some earlier cars had a larger hub that would require a little bit of dremel work on the wheel.

But 98-02 all bolt up, no problem.

Comment

Your car came stock with either the base tire (235/55-16 = 26.1") or if the car had the optional RPO QLC Z-rated tires, a 245/50-16 = 25.7" tire. Look at the tire label on the door.

You only reprogram the PCM for the speedo if you change the tire diameter. The SS/WS6 17x9" wheels came with 275/40-17 = 25.7", so no reprogram there. You could even go to a 17x11" wheel and run a 315/35-17 = 25.7".

If your car had the 235's originally, you could run a 285/40-17 = 26.0" or just run the 275's with a 2% speedo/odometer error, or a little more than 1 MPH high at a true 60MPH.

The change over from the oversize rear hub diameter happened sometime late in the 1996 model year, so you may have to sand or grind the inside diameter of the wheel hub hole, as noted in the post above.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

245/50/zr16 from factory just looked at window sticker
        1996 Firebird Formula

Comment

+1 on the Speedlines. They're just my favorite wheel for Birds. ZR1s are nice also...but only on certain Birds.

Plain WS6 for a car not lowered.
          Speedlines on a car that is.

Speedlines can look smaller than their indicated 17s on a car not lowered...but look more muscular than WS6s.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

fikse rims look great on both 3rd gen and 4th gen fbody cars. they are pretty expensive though. i like the fm10.
            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by MunsonGTA
              fikse rims look great on both 3rd gen and 4th gen fbody cars. they are pretty expensive though. i like the fm10.
              +1.. those are the wheels i d like to get ..with 315 rears and 305 or 275s fronts

93 t/a A4 3.23s
              95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
              99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
              99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
              97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
              93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
              00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

those rims you showed pics of are pretty sweet to. those are either the profil 5 or the fm/5. the fm/10 is just damn sweet.

87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Well i like American Racing Torque Thrusters what size should i get i wanna use my stock 16" wheels there 245/50/ZR16

They got alot 16" can't figure what one is what

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...5&Nao=10#rstop
                  1996 Firebird Formula

Comment

Go at least 17". 16's are alright but for looks a 17 and a nice beefy tire will look nice.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                    X