Noisey Shifter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisey Shifter

in any gear with a load, at a low rpm, when i get on the throttle, a noise comes from the shifter that sounds like a loose/broken washer jingle. anybody have experience in the past with a similar problem?
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

u have any Coins in the ash tray?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Is it an aftermarket shifter? They don't have any noise isolation and can get loud.

If it's the stock shifter, you can take the off the panel covering the tray by removing a couple screws in the storage bin. You can see if anything is loose.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

i dropped a penny down below the ash tray months ago, removed the console, found the penny and removed it.....and the problem has still been there. it is the stock shifter to my knowledge.

thanks

ps. i was thinking about getting a short shifter anyway....but its not too high on my priority list, so we will see what happens.
        -Ryan-

Comment

Keep in mind that the T56's hate Low end torque and make a lot of noise under load at low RPM. I have the same issue. But mines really loud!
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

im aware of the low end noise, but this problem began a few months after i got the car.
            -Ryan-

Comment

Working...
            X