Headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

so im looking to get me some headers for my 98 ws6, right now i have SLP catback. im not sure of what kind of headers i should get, hookers, pacesetters, SLP

please give me back some input thanx!
    1998 WS SICK

-SLP catback
    -MTI intake
    -short shifter
    -T56 six speed

GOALS:

Tires
    Headers/mid pipe
    Possible a CAM
    Shift light

I have SLP headers on my C5 (similar design) and they are without a doubt the best looking and best made headers I have ever seen. However they were a major PITA to install because of the extra length tubing needed to tune them. But once they are in I think they are the best available headers because of the tuning they do. Performance wise they aren't really that much better than non tuned headers but they do sound different.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

If I ever buy another set of headers again, I will buy Kook's.

I installed them on my LT1 Formula and everything about them is perfect. They are very high quality.

Spend the extra money and get stainless.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Nothing wrong with Pacesetter...but if I had the money, I'd do it again with SLP.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

i might go with Armor-Coated pacesetter mid-lengths. They are very reasonably priced for coated mid-length s
          -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19762
            This is a little bit on what i thought about my pacesetter midlengths. It's been quite a while that i've had them on now with really no problems. I can't say that i really drive the car all that much though either. My only big complaints were with the smog fittings.
            1993 Formula - 99k
            Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

Comment

I wouldn't put "mid-lengths" on an LS1. There's no validity in comparing an LT1 header to an LS1 header. They are two radically different engines.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

On my supercharged black 94, i have edelbrocks tubular headers and they suck with the car being lowered 2". My new camaro im actually thinking of going with edelbrock shorties just so i dont continuously beat the collectors lol are you planning on lowering your car anytime soon? if you are take that into consideration..

Comment

Working...
                X