Ugh...see inside...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    Walk it off, son......... It's just a scratch.

Yeah yeah yeah, thanks Joe lol
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Oooh, that's bad.

I'll give ya salvage value for it. Say, $200? There might be a couple hundred bucks in salvagable parts left on it to part out.

I'm glad you are ok.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Walk it off, son......... It's just a scratch.

That's what I was thinking, but from your personal perspective, it definitely is a scratch!
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

OK, someone has to say it. When you approach a yellow light, you are supposed to stop, not go through it.

Sorry to see the damage, hope it cheap and easy to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Dan
            OK, someone has to say it. When you approach a yellow light, you are supposed to stop, not go through it.

Sorry to see the damage, hope it cheap and easy to fix.
            Actually, you are supposed to clear the intersection...at least that's the way its spelled out here in CA. Now, had he either stuck with his initial plan to stop or just gone like he changed his mind to the first time, everything would have been fine. This is why I tell people that indecision can kill. Also, for the record, he freely admitted that he stopped because the driver NEXT TO HIM was stopping. UGH!!

Anyways, geez, no love here, I swear...you guys are relentless lol

I know, it could have been a lot worse, and I'm glad it wasn't. I'm fine physically, just a little upset over the situation still. Oh well, I'll get over it. She'll get fixed up and taken care of, which is good. And I've already got a good paint shop lined up, I just need to give him the parts (my choice on that).

In any case, I guess I just need to decide what hood I want to get. I'm having a hard time justifying the RA II hood for my daily driver. Thoughts?
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
              I'm having a hard time justifying the RA II hood for my daily driver. Thoughts?
              Why? I put an SS replica hood and rear spoiler, now the center mount exhaust....most would say it's nuts to put all that on a 94 V6 daily driver. Do what makes you happy.

And no, it's not nuts. ya never know what kind of heart transplant the future brings.

Comment

I agree with Joe... The only justificatioin you need is what makes you happy. Now is definitely the time to make a move on the hood. Go for the one you like best.

About the accident - If that Honda was equipped with the VTEC, he would have had the power to beat the light.

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I say if you even think you want the RA hood now is the time to do it.
                  If you wait you'll be spending money twice. Throw in a few extra $$ now and go for it.
                  My DD
                  2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go ahead with the hood. I just need to do some talking to the various people I've found selling them and see which one will work for what I want for the cheapest price available. Thanks for the support guys
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
                      Yeah, I think I'm gonna go ahead with the hood. I just need to do some talking to the various people I've found selling them and see which one will work for what I want for the cheapest price available. Thanks for the support guys
                      Careful on the cheapest price possible thing. A hood is a major part where the light reflects at a very unflattering angle. hoods are frequently full of waves, only a top quality hood and quality body shop should be chosen for that particular job....... especially with black.

Comment

Careful on the cheapest price possible thing. A hood is a major part where the light reflects at a very unflattering angle. hoods are frequently full of waves, only a top quality hood and quality body shop should be chosen for that particular job....... especially with black.
                        Very good point. My body shop comes highly recommended, so I'm not too worried about that. But the hood I am. Everything I've read, though, says to go with a U.S. Exotics Warbird hood. Now I just need to figure out how to contact Roger.
                        Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X