Attention L69 Owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention L69 Owners

I have an issue that I believe applies only to 83 and 84 L69's with AC. I ordered my 83 L69 without AC. I just finished installing a complete factory AC system from a donor 83, non-L69 car.

My problem is that the compressor wiring on other engines are different from an L69 and since they don't have electric fans, I also want to control the electric radiator fan to the L69 factory specifications. I could rig it to work, but I want it to appear OEM.

I have two connectors located between the evaporator housing and the distributor. One terminal is hot when the AC is on. Another operates the fan when grounded. I am guessing that between those two terminals and the other terminals, they control the compressor and the fan.

Does anybody have an L69 w/AC that could shed some light on what these connectors connect to? Since the L69 had a late intro in 83, my 83service manual doesn't cover these differences in the wiring diagrams. Maybe a page or two from an 84 service manual AC wiring diagram might do the trick.

Thanks!

Larry

been awhile since i last worked on a t/a that old(since i sold my 83 in fact) heres a site that should help you figure it out

www.thirdgen.org just do a search and there should be a few threads about it
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
    X