P1626 Theft Deterrent Code question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred,

Is the 11.04V from the Pink wire good enough or does it have to be exactly 12.0V?

Comment

Guess this a fairly uncommon problem. In any event, started the motor on Friday with the MAF unplugged. Motor ran great so I re-connected the MAF and light SES turned off all by itself after about 10 re-starts.

Same thing tonight, started right up let it idle for a few minutes and headed to the gas station...only 1/2 mile from my house. Turned car off pumped $20 and motor turned over just fine but wouldn't fire. Disconnected the battery, waited a few minutes and no dice. AAA guy arrives and oddly enough has a Tech scan and sure enough P1626 has turned off the fuel supply. He clears it and motor fires right up. He followed me up the street and it died halfway.

Finally got the car back into the garage but now what. Should I replace the fuel pump or have the dealer screw me while trying to diagnois the P1626? I'm out if ideas and $ at the moment so any ideas on where to start would be very helpful. At the very least I have to buy a new battery.

Thanks,
      Eric

Comment

There is no logical reason to replace the fuel pump. If P1626 is present, it means the PCM can not send the pump the signal to turn on, because of the theft deterent code.

Under what condition are you getting 11.0V to the pink wire? That's low. Probably not enough to cause a problem with the MAF, but possibly an indication that the electrical system is weak. You indicated in your first post you thought the battery is weak because of being stored over the winter. Have you had the battery checked? Have you checked all the grounds?

Have you done anything at all about the theft deterent code, other than switch to the spare key?
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Fred,

11.0V is present to the Pink wire with the IGN on but with a weak battery.

Battery is only 2 years old but since the car sits so much it's never charged properly. Seems logical at this point to start with a new battery before I proceed further. Battery terminals & visable grounds are perfect, no corrosion.

I have done nothing with the theft deterrent code but replace the key, possibly the ignition switch is faulty? Checked all related fuses and they are all good.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X