Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered some parts ! ! Still can't decide about exhaust . . .?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered some parts ! ! Still can't decide about exhaust . . .?

Just to get it out of the way: 96 TA Ram Air M6 BLk Bone stock 4 only a little while longer . . .

Ordered a 5.0 pro, skip shift delete, TB coolant by-pass, and UMI three point SFCs.

What I'm still scratching my head about is what 2 do about the exhaust, I want a healthy deep rumble but don't want 2 wake all the neighbors at five in the morning when i go 2 work. . . I was planning on going with kooks LTs a Y no CATs and maybe Magna flow . . . ? I would do true dual as Fred has sugjested but I'm afraid of clearence issues and kinda would like 2 keep the stock WS6 exhaust tips . . . .

Thanks for any advice/feed back
    P.S. how come the user CP doesn't work
    Red 97 V6 (STOCK), Black 96 Ram Air WS6 M6 5.0 PRO, skip shift delete basicaly stock, for now . . .

You want a borla adjustable. Add an electric cutout and you're set. From a low rumble to a nice bark at the flip of a switch.

Comment

Before you spend money on parts...... ASK US.

You don't need to "order" a skip shift eliminator. All you need is a 15-cent resistor from Radio Shack. You don't need to order a throttle body bypass. There are no parts required, except possibly a replacement hose clamp (50-cents). Save your money and work smart.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I know those mods can be done for all but free, but what can i say, it's not a good idea to drink alot of beer with friends and talk about cars and then get online and order parts while under the effects of said beer. . . lesson learned.

Back 2 the question

Joe : i thought about going that route but wasn't sure how loud Borla would be with no cats and kooks headers anyone have any feed back of have this set-up and care to comment ?
        Thanks Again (and don't worry Fred i won't combind car parts and beer again lol
        Red 97 V6 (STOCK), Black 96 Ram Air WS6 M6 5.0 PRO, skip shift delete basicaly stock, for now . . .

Comment

You can't go wrong with the Borla. It's adjustable with orifice plates. Actually have a cut out valve on order for mine from McCord so I don't have to crawl under the car to change it.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

With no cats, a wide open borla is going be fairly loud. In the closed position, it will be much quieter. That's the beauty of the electric cutout. Quiet when you need it, throaty when you want it.

Comment

hey whats the price tag for an electric cut out?
              94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
              GOT PSi?
              Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

About $160 from QTP. It's well worth it. You car will become stealth quiet with it closed, and pretty loud when open. Once you get heads and cam, it will be somewhat loud (closed) to racecar obnoxiously loud (open). This all comes at a price though, as Borla's prices are really high.
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

can you give me the link cause all i found from summit is one for like 600 and im not paying that for that little thing ill deal with the pissed neighbors first lol
                  94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                  75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                  GOT PSi?

Comment

Just remember that you get what you pay for. Borla stainless steel systems are well made. It will last the life of the car and if you want to pull it off at some point down the road, the system will came apart easily and can be sold for a decent price. You should be able to find a perfect used one for $400 and that would be an awesome deal. Million mile warranty ya know.

The neighbors story makes me laugh. Way back when, I had a 79 T/A that was pretty worked over. The dual exhaust was true duals, crossover pipe and twin turbo mufflers. The exhaust heat crossover was filled, compounded with the choke horn being milled off, caused a lean start condition. I primed it with a quick push of the nitrous button (no N20, just fuel). The rough idle early in the morning drove my neighbors over the edge. They offered to pay for a new muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
                      can you give me the link cause all i found from summit is one for like 600 and im not paying that for that little thing ill deal with the pissed neighbors first lol

Here's QTP http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/

I ordered mine from McCord http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm
                      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Got any Pictures of new ride?
                        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

cool thanks buddy
                          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                          GOT PSi?

Comment

I got my Magnaflow Stainless Steel Catback for $311 Shipped
                            1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

I was already considering a Borla, i have heard them on Rustangs and it sounded awsome. I'll have 2 start watching ebay, not sure if I'm willing 2 pay the brand new price.

I'll post pics of her as soon as i can, something is wrong with my computer and i'm using my phone to post on the board LoL. 7 day work weeks make it hard to get stuff fixed, but the OT pay checks can Buy lots of parts :- D

Comment

Working...
                              X