Headlight problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight problem

So the other night I set the factory alarm, and the head lights went up then down, and the passenger side motor kept running for about 5 seconds. Everytime I arm or dis arm the system, the lights do the same thing. Also when I turn on the headlights and put them down, the same thing will occur where the headlight motor keeps running after the lights are down. There is a large relay where the headlight wiring harnesses connect, next to the fuse box under the hood. Is this my problem? I hope not as it costs $288.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Headlight motor gear has gone bad, the nylon ones strip. You can get a replacement brass gear here, you can also try the free fix, might work.
    http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Would that cause the headlights to go up and down when I arm and dis arm the alarm system???

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Yea, I know it sounds weird, but so are our headlights.
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

So read up on the link you sent me and it sounds very promising and I thank you. Do you guys think it possible for both to go out with in two days of each other. Another thing is when I pull the fuse for the headlight motor, and put them back in, I can arm and dis arm the alarm with out the headlights going crazy. Then after I turn them on, they go back to messing up again. I went to the junk yard this evening and tried the relay from a less fortunate firebird, and only the driver side headlight made noise instead of both???? I guess in the morning I will try the free fix as suggest in the link.

Comment

Every place where I used the work relay, I should have used headlight control module.

Comment

Sure enough, stripped gears. Thanks for the advice and the helpful web page.

Comment

Yep, the franker kit

Comment

Working...
                X