No announcement yet.

fuel economy programmer for LT1 Camaro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel economy programmer for LT1 Camaro?

Is there such a thing as an aftermarket programmer for fuel economy for LT1 Camaro? I have a 1997 Z28 with a 6 speed manual tranny. If such a programmer exist what kind of fuel economy could I expect? Any suggestions would be great.

LOL! Hope your joking. Best gas milage is your shifting.
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

i got the same setup with a v6 rear and ill pick up 23-25 mpg highway at about 2k rpm cruisin like 80
      94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
      GOT PSi?
      Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
        i got the same setup with a v6 rear and ill pick up 23-25 mpg highway at about 2k rpm cruisin like 80
        You can get 4.10s in that and it still get 23-25 mpg at highway speeds 6th gear pwns.
        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
          You can get 4.10s in that and it still get 23-25 mpg at highway speeds 6th gear pwns.
          6 cylinders don't have 6 speeds, just 5
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
            He has a V6 car with a LT1 swapped into it, hence the 6-speed and the V6 rear
            Red 97 V6 (STOCK), Black 96 Ram Air WS6 M6 5.0 PRO, skip shift delete basicaly stock, for now . . .

Comment

my bad....just out of curiosity is there an advantage to the v6 rear?
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

not a clue on that one, if anything I would think the V8 rear would be stronger, but I don't know, someone with more knowledge will chime in I'm sure

But we are kinda diverging from the original thread, to the OP: as said above shifting is the best gas saver and I think people have a little mileage increase when upgrading the ignition system MSD and what not, there was a thread on one of the other forums asking the best RPMs for fuel economy, if i c it I'll post a link. . .

But bottom line is f-bodies aren't known for sipping gas
                Red 97 V6 (STOCK), Black 96 Ram Air WS6 M6 5.0 PRO, skip shift delete basicaly stock, for now . . .

Comment

Here Ya go, might be worth a read

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616818

Comment

You know, I remember seeing advertising for a Hypertech programmer that was supposed to be for mileage...not sure if they make one for your car or if it even really works but you might want to at least check out their website... www.hypertech.com i would think that it would cost too much money to justify any fuel savings though.
                    2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

no not at all its only a one-legger burn and has no traction off the line. the story behind that is when i did the swap i went to change the gear oil and noticed some cracked and busted teeth so i have to run the v6 rear untill i can get my posi rebuilt its gonna cost me 700 thats everything new except the housing then im ordering a big bear brake kit for 1300 so im till i get all that together which is gonna be about two or three months lol sorry for the confusion
                      94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
                      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                      1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
                      GOT PSi?
                      Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X