No announcement yet.

Playing with a G-Tech Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played with my g-tech in multiple cars also, I believe that the mph and the 1/4 et are off because of front-end lift/rear squat changing the level of the unit. I have run my wifes GTP back to back at the strip, once normlly and once with a home brew "tie-down" for the front end (in FWD car, keeps the front from lifting and reducing traction)... I ran 4 mph faster on the track timer (and .31 sec quicker ) but 3 mph slower on the gtech! (this run the gtech was only 3 mph faster than the track)

I'd like to see one run in a wheel stander!! That could be interesting!

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

Re: Playing with a G-Tech Pro

Originally posted by JeffM
      I bought a G-Tech off ebay new for $37. Some guy bought like 500 in bulk..

Anyways...

I was playing with it on the way to work this morning. Got a 5.76 second 0-60 time. Didn't have time to try anymore, but I'm sure I could of done better.

My son picked up one on E-Bay as well. We stuck it in my 94 396 Stroker and gave it a shot. On Comp T/As, I spun straight through all three gears and wound up with a 5.95 0-60 time. My son looked at me and said "Man, you should have tried to peddle it to keep the tires from roasting." I told him that I did. Damn torque monster.

Comment

G-Tech isnt accurate

The G-Tech is not very accurate...my brothers friend has it..he used it and it was way off...this has occured in several people i know...
        -[LS1 VORTECH SS]-

Comment

Working...
        X