Track Tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
    now for traction at the track i dont wanna lower my car correct? cause i heard if you lowered your car you didnt hook as well
    You are correct.

Comment

ok. thanks. im gonna have to get that rear suspension kit. and the guy that built my motor has a powerdyne S/C for 1000 the entire kit just wasting space in his garage i might take off his hands here in the next month or two once i get some credit cards knocked back down (I HATE PLASTICS shouldve never got them)
      94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
      GOT PSi?
      Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

With that combo, I might be looking around for a stronger rear end. These as I'm sure you've heard, are a bit fragile.

Comment

Heck i just plain and simple need a posi with that suspension. i dont really dump the clutch to hard or really snag gears to hard unless its a close race. so im just gonna put a decent set of 373 untill i can afford to get a built rear
          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
          GOT PSi?

Comment

Even with a 10 bolt, Get a cap with the stud supports and you should be fine. As long as its a Limited Slip V8 Version Diff. Then you should be fine as long as your not doing 4k clutch dumps on Slicks.

Most of the F-bodies I used to run with were all on 10 bolts and running in the low 12's all day and night no problems. Couple in the high 11's on the ol 10bolt.

I dont think you want a Posi, You want a LSD rearend that if you do opt up with new rearend.

All in all I would recommend you pass on the S/C and work on tuning your suspension before adding more power. I see this to many times where people have all the stuff to go low 12's and still running 13's b/c they never bothered even getting relocation brackets! My rule of thumb is to build yourself a good Platform to run fast (ie. Everything i have in my sig. ) and then make it fast.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

sorry, when i said posi i meant LSD. heck people around my house dont know the difference. i plan on getting the suspension done before i put the S/C on but if i can get the whole kit now for 1k im gonna jump on it. its just kinda one of those deals that are way to good to pass up. then when i do the rear suspension kit i will throw the S/C on and hopefully hit 12.0 or quicker.
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              GOT PSi?

Comment

Did the guy that built your 383 use some good Rings? If not I would recommend if you do add the S/C then push low low boost just to be on the safe side. Is the internals at all Forged? or is it all pretty much normal parts.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

forged either I or H beams im not exactly sure but he said that the motor would be fine for as long as i need it to. and if anything bad happened he would rebuild it. hes seems to be a really good guy about all this stuff
                  94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                  75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                  GOT PSi?

Comment

Working...
                  X