Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got money now...time for some mods :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man. I'm probably gonna go with Flowmaster, but I'm gonna have my exhaust shop do it...wanna do a little customization to it. Thanks for all the input guys...been a big help. Just order the SLP CAI, Vortec Intake Elbow, SLP Sub-Frame Connectors, Sphon Chrome-Moly LCAs and Panhard Bar with hardware and extra grease. Gonna order the 1LE driveshaft tonight. Will keep you posted.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by FRMLAV8

If you wat to pick up some speed, focus on the intake (cold air kit), the exhaust (cat-back, hi flow cat, y-pipe), or gears (4.10's are excellent in the 6 speeds).

I don't think going to a 4.10 on an internally stock LT1 or LS1 is wise. You will rob the car of any top end. Now, if you go with a 4.10, get a cam that can make power to much higher revs, then you have got somehing to be reckoned with.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

California laws on exhaust noise are pretty strict and the Vehicle Code seems to be written in a way that makes it illegal to modify the exhaust in any way that makes it louder than stock. I haven't heard of to many people up here in Northern Ca. getting ticketed for it. But it only takes one cop that says its to loud. My teenage brother has a Ford Ranger and he put a glasspack on it because he likes the sound (I have no idea why, sounds real ricey) and he got stopped one night for loud music. The CHP officer warned him on the music and cited him for the modified exhuast. I have a Flowmaster on my car and haven't had a problem.
        Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

I've got my Jeep pretty nice soundin'...about as good as a stock LT1 and better than a stock LS1 IMHO...and never had a problem. As far as I've read on CA exhaust noise, it can't go over a certain db limit...95 i think. I'm in Nor. CA also. As for the cam and gears, no and no. I would rather not tear into the motor and 3.23's are good. Thanks guys.
          Steve

Comment

Jay 02 TA - I know several people with stock LS1's and LT1's (many on this board) that picked up a couple tenth's, and actually like the 4.10's better than 3.42's.

You may lose some top speed 140mph instead of 160mph, but who drives that fast on the street anyway.

Steve - Flowmaster is an awesome SOUNDING exhaust, but it is pretty restrictive. You want pick up much HP from it if any. That may not matter, because it sounds like you are more concerned with making sure it is legal - which I can understand especially in CA. I just wanted to throw that out there.

Randy
            99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
            93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

of everything that I have done, I would rate the 4.10's and LM at the top of the list.......4.10's give the car a totally different personality, and the LM "talks"
              DWS
              Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Originally posted by FRMLAV8
                Jay 02 TA - I know several people with stock LS1's and LT1's (many on this board) that picked up a couple tenth's, and actually like the 4.10's better than 3.42's.

You may lose some top speed 140mph instead of 160mph, but who drives that fast on the street anyway.

No doubt it will improve the 1/4 mile times. But I do know of several cars that are internally stock and although their 1/4 mile times dropped, they lost a lot of punch from a roll (so they say) --since they end up in a higher gear sooner.

In the end, just like everything else, it becomes a matter of personal preference. For me, I am not going to mess with the gears until I can extend the redline of the car. That way, I won't just be pulling HARDER, but I will be pulling LONGER too.

Now I just have to decide between a 3.73 and a 4.10 ..........
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I put Flowmaster on my sister's Camaro and it sounded great...and it performs better too. I know it doesn't perform like some of the others, but it wasn't that bad either. I still may try for a LM and replace the resonator with an actual muffler to keep it legal (stupid CA politicians), but not quite sure yet. Besides, I've got enough mods to put on right now...the exhaust will have to wait for another week or too lol. Just in case you missed it, here's the list:

SLP CAI
                  SLP Flow Booster
                  SLP Sub-Frame Connectors
                  1LE Driveshaft
                  Vortec Intake Elbow
                  NGK Irridium Plugs
                  Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires
                  Spohn LCAs w/ new mounting hardware
                  Spohn Panhard Bar w/ new mounting harware

Just from that alone and the fuel filter (still gotta post pics of that for everyone that was curious), I've got enough on my hands for right now lol Thanks a lot for all the input guys.
                  Steve

Comment

Ok, someone in here will pay lol. Somebody mentioned a GMMG exhaust system. After checking it out, I have 2 questions. 1) What are some realistic hp gains I could see? 2) How loud is it, esp. in respect to the Loudmouth? Thanks guys
                    Steve

Comment

Hey man ever heard of supertrapp? It's a big muffler but you can buy disks to tune the sound to your liking. Check either Summit or Jeg's

Comment

I'll comment on both discussions.

Love my Borlas.

Have 3.73's but wish I had done 4.11's instead. Who needs 140-160?

96 TA Sold!
                        87 TA Sold!
                        80 Z28 Sold!
                        74 Formula Sold!
                        73 Z28 Sold!
                        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Working...
                        X