Help me get her running again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightrage
    It did. Still way higher than I'll ever be willing to pay. I could probably get a full LT1 car for that much money. Now I have to try and figure out where I'm going to rebuild this thing. I don't have access to a garage or anything, so I have to find a place.
    Do it in the backyard. Just tie a garbage bag tightly around it to keep it from getting wet. I didn't have a garage for 2 engine builds either. Worked on it in the backyard with an engine stand.

Did the heads and cam on my Camaro in the backyard too.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

You can rent a 10' x 20' storage unit for a couple months. Thats where I did my engine swap.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Are you sure you need this much work done? Has anyone looked at your existing engine to find out what broke on it? I hydrolocked a ford focus rental one time (dont ask) I pulled the plugs, got the water out of the engine and she started right up.
        No F-Body right now

Comment

One more option if your sure your motor is severely dammaged.

Used Lt1's are dirt cheap. Find a used low mileage one swap it in and save yourself a ton of $$$.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
            One more option if your sure your motor is severely dammaged.

Used Lt1's are dirt cheap. Find a used low mileage one swap it in and save yourself a ton of $$$.
            It doesn't help much, but if for some reason your in the Philadelphia area, I know of a used LT1 from a 95' Impala SS. Buddy of mine put it in a 72 Nova and then got rear ended. He wants 1500 obo for it and it has a few mods to it, roughly 390-400hp before he pulled it from the Nova.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
              Are you sure you need this much work done? Has anyone looked at your existing engine to find out what broke on it? I hydrolocked a ford focus rental one time (dont ask) I pulled the plugs, got the water out of the engine and she started right up.
              x2... us Jeep guys running without snorkels do that quite often.

I hope your engine didn't sit with water in it for a few months.

You might have just bent a rod... a stockish rebuild with a 'poor mans' balance (heaviest rod with lightest piston, vice versa... so all rod/piston assemblies weigh close to same), Hastings rings (they rock), mild cam, small tube headers, and mildly cleaned up cylinder heads would provide a good, reliable DD suitable for the occasional dragstrip outing.

Comment

The car has been sitting for about a year. Headgasket went, motor flooded and I didn't catch it in time. I didn't really have a choice but to toss it up on the driveway.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                X