No announcement yet.

Control Arm material

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the responses guys. My birthday is next weekend and I'm kind of thinking my parents might be getting me the ones with the rod ends (I love birthdays! haha)....I'm just praying they're not going to be really loud...I'm guessing when you say "Road noise", your saying that they're going to squeak and chatter? I contacted the company to ask what they thought, and they claimed they would be a good choice, but yes, they will be a little louder than normal. I'm just not sure quite HOW loud. I have a loudmouth II which usually deadens any noises above 1500 RPMS
    1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
    Mods:
    "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
    Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Crane 1.5rrs
    Comp high tech pushrods
    Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
    SLP Loudmouth II
    SLP Cold air intake
    PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
    UMI adjustable panhard
    UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

Road noise is everything from bumps tothe harmonics that the tires going across the pavement makes. you'll hear things, that's for sure.

Comment

Im starting to think that the reason I have so much damn road noise is those control arms. Ima swap in my stockers and see how much of a different it makes. BC right now its INSANE loud! Its almost undriveable.

Keep in mind my Springs, shocks, and Z-Rated tires. Shocks even at low settings are hella stiff.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Haha you guys are killing me...i'm so worried now if I am getting them. It seems like a matter of opinion, some people say they are completely fine for a DD, and others say they are miserable. I guess we'll find out if I get them for my b-day! If not, i'm probably going to go for the ones Injuneer pointed out (seems like the best of both worlds).
          1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
          Mods:
          "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
          Pro 5.0 Shifter
          Crane 1.5rrs
          Comp high tech pushrods
          Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
          SLP Loudmouth II
          SLP Cold air intake
          PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
          UMI adjustable panhard
          UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

Originally posted by SeanC
            Haha you guys are killing me...i'm so worried now if I am getting them. It seems like a matter of opinion, some people say they are completely fine for a DD, and others say they are miserable. I guess we'll find out if I get them for my b-day! If not, i'm probably going to go for the ones Injuneer pointed out (seems like the best of both worlds).
            Yeah Those J&M LCA are pretty nice. I would recommend those.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              I use the aforementioned part from J&M. Works perfectly...no deflection and zero noise.

Which one did you get Al?

Comment

Working...
              X