Driver window questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver window questions

Recently I have purchased a 1994 T/A in need of some TLC.

Alright.

I purchased the car, filled up the fluids/tires/etc. While driving away put down the driver window, went down at a normal speed. Tried to get the passenger side down, it didn't budge. Later on after replacing the battery, I was watching TV and saw the weather channel predicted thunderstorms, went out to go put the windows up. Driver side didn't want to go up, accidentally tapped 'down' the passenger switch and i heard it go down an inch. I proceeded to find that now the passenger worked and the driver side did not.

Asked if the former owners knew of it, they said they had both motors replaced since they have owned it, which is 1999-05, when they stored it.

What does this sound like to you guys? If there is any more details I can give let me know.
    Don't worry, I put a tarp over her and cinder blocks around the corners.

EDIT- I might as well ask, is there anything I can do in terms of just getting the window up so I can drive it in questionable weather?

Pull the switch out of the Drivers door and see if it's broke? You should also be able to check for power at the switch.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I am not sure if it is broken, and I'll check for power a bit later. I have it with me now, the side plastics snapped from the plastic frame before i owned it, junkyard fix. But it doesn't look broken. I sanded the copper posts to get some grimey build up off, still didn't work. I guess I might try and see if I can use the passenger side window wiring.

Comment

Ripped apart the door assembly, banged on the rivits with my fist while holding the switch 'up' and it went right up.

Fixed for now, definitely the motor.

Comment

If you ever need switches get them at Year One they are like $18 to $20 new.
          Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by MightySixPack

Ripped apart the door assembly, banged on the rivits with my fist while holding the switch 'up' and it went right up.

Fixed for now, definitely the motor.
            Haha..... bang it with a hammer. if it breaks, it needed replacing anyway. LOL!

Comment

Yeah, and if it doesn't break, use a bigger hammer... LOL
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

not worried about it anymore guys! thanks for everything.

buddy had a junked 94 formula with same interior color, gave him 5$ for the switching assembly for driver side.

fixed until motors SHOT.

Comment

Working...
                X