heat wrap replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heat wrap replacement

I've noticed in pics of other LT1s that in a couple of places there is a heat/foil wrap around hoses and cables. My car doesn't have this. Does anybody know where I can get some of this and is this important to have?

cc 304 Cam, BBK Headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Eagle Crank, 1.6 Rocker Arms, Zoom Racing clutch, Pulley, Computer upgrade, Hurst short throw shifter,KNN filter

Shoebox's harness photo will show you where the stock harness has wrap. Those are the location the engineers thought might be exposed to excessive heat, and needed heat wrap protection. Mine has been removed in a couple locations, but I've never had a problem. But I have cera-metallic coated headers, to keep the under hood heat down.

http://shbox.com/1/harness.htm

Your 97 will be slightly different because of the added O2 sensors, CKP sensor and EVAP vacuum detection switch.

Just go to Summit and do a search on "heat wrap". You will find various size of sheets that can be cut to the required size.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

It can also be purchased at Advance Auto parts. Look in the custom and chrome engine parts section, you'll find the thermal heat wraps.

Comment

Great info, Thanks guys.

cc 304 Cam, BBK Headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Eagle Crank, 1.6 Rocker Arms, Zoom Racing clutch, Pulley, Computer upgrade, Hurst short throw shifter,KNN filter

Comment

Working...
        X