No announcement yet.

Bringin her back from the dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No money, plus the engine came with a 3 year/ unlimited mile warranty. Any modifications will void that warranty, aside from maybe some bolt ons.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
      Alright, revved a little quicker than I expected, but I made a WOT run to 5k. I didn't think it would happen so soon, but I'm left wishing she had more power :-(

I remember what a big deal the stock 275 HP rating on the LT1 was back in 1993 - 1997

0-60 in 5.7 seconds... That was faster that most big block cars from the classic muscle car era.

Now it doesn't seem like much... Many more modern V6 cars make that or more.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
        No money, plus the engine came with a 3 year/ unlimited mile warranty. Any modifications will void that warranty, aside from maybe some bolt ons.
        Go with a full exhaust, a good CAI and a tune. That should get you to over 300 HP at the rear wheels without voiding your warranty. Of course... That costs money. There is nothing wrong with enjoying it the way it is you know. It's not exactly slow, It's a very nice car, and I bet it gets looks.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I was running 13.0s at 107 in an internally stock LT-1 and an auto trans. You should be able to replicate that with bolt ons. one exception was the 1.6 roller rockers, that required opening the valve covers.

Here's what I had:

Jet hot coated SLP headers
          4" mufflex cat back
          K&N filter
          smooth intake bellows
          throttle body airfoil
          Custom ECM program
          Lt4 roller rockers
          Lt4 knock module
          Built 4l60E with hardened sun shell and 23 element low sprag
          full BMR rear suspension
          airlift bags
          1LE aluminum driveshaft
          1LE trans mount
          3.73 gears
          disconnect the front sway bar at the track, bolt it back up before driving home!
          Sticky tires are a must! without them, you'll spin terribly.

That combo gave me consistant 13.0s at 106-107, depending on conditions.

Comment

Didn't you have your heads ported as well or am I thinking of somebody else?
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              Didn't you have your heads ported as well or am I thinking of somebody else?
              Not mine. The heads were untouched. I did headgaskets, but that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                Not mine. The heads were untouched. I did headgaskets, but that's all.
                I'm thinking of somebody else then.

Another guy ran 13.0 with ported heads, full exhaust, and CAI, and I believe his 60' was about 1.6.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

13 flat doesn't sound too shabby. I should be able to do at least that, especially since a lot of the mods I want will drop weight (carbon fiber hood, racing seats, dry cell battery to pull weight off the front). I wanted to add 4.10's and Nitto drag radials, but I'm afraid of obliterating the rear. Headers, a small cam and a tune are in my plan. I just need the funding. I already have a cat back, after market clutch and CAI. I gotta find a set of emissions legal long tubes. I've heard a lot of complaints about Pace Setter, so I might just go with AS&M mids. I really want more mid to top end power, but that will come with the cam. I might just leave it alone and save for a C5, but I don't think I'll be able to leave my Trans Am as is. I definitely have to get her paint freshened up and change the hood at the very least. I'm in a nursing assistant course now, so I should be making $18- $22 an hour by the Summer, which isn't bad...especially since I only pay $350 a month in rent. Aside from that, I don't have much in terms of living expenses, so I should be able to show a little love to my car. I can't go overboard though, as I'm sure my girl is going to want a ring in the near future, plus we could use our own place. No matter, I'm only 23. I'm in no rush
                  Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                  SOLD- Good riddance!
                  2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                  X