Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low gear, low speed vibration

Hi again guys,
    I'm having a little trouble figuring this out. I've been getting a nasty gut wrenching vibration anytime I open it up in 1st gear that tracks the trans-back rotation speed, its only like that in first. I also need to take into effect that I have moly lower control arms, torque arm, and track bars along with edlebrock shocks, all with poly bushings with a solid cowling. I believe the springs are stock height. Does this sound like a u-joint problem or maybe incorrect suspension geometry under high chassis load?

I think I'm starting to understand that there is never a correct answer to a problem, just a different less problematic mechanical solution.

Thanks again for the help
    -Alex
    1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
    ZO6 wheels (clones)
    LED exterior and interior lighting
    With questionable guts:
    Forged bottom end
    free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
    pacesetter longtubes
    T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
    Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
    K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
    96? ws6 hood
    96? ws6 spoiler
    full emissions delete
    polished heads with oversize valve job
    Edelbrock IAS shocks
    Full tubular Chassis minus k member
    Daily Driver and love it that way
    Motor is not what you'd think.

Might be the pinion angle. Is your torque arm adjustable?

Comment

It seams like I remember seeing someone else with a LT1 and a vibration issue and it turned out to be something with it needing tuning. plugs, opti, wires or something like that. Just a thought, not suggesting.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

No joe it's a fixed angle.... I believe a relocation kit can give me a slightly adjustable angle to set.. Jeff, that is a good thought, I had that problem when I got the car from an opti missing the cyl #7 contact inside the opti that is quite the different vibration.

I also forgot to mention I do have a pretty messed up clutch as well, but its mostly the pilot bearing that has issues (very very noisy). Pinion angle was my first thought though.... Its a very deep frequency vibration which points me to the u joints... I'll take a look along with measuring my pinion angle. Also going to buy a relo kit for the torque arm this week (was going to do it anyways before this came up)
        -Alex
        1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
        ZO6 wheels (clones)
        LED exterior and interior lighting
        With questionable guts:
        Forged bottom end
        free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
        pacesetter longtubes
        T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
        Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
        K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
        96? ws6 hood