Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many cars do you have left to hit, LOL

Comment

the van and the cutlass have not been hit yet.. Now I've cursed myself on those too.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Hey Tracy, was your bumper cover ever painted since it had those spider cracks in it from a couple years ago? If not, then it's a good time to get that taken care of.

Comment

THe entire front bumper cover is getting replaced with brand new OEM, so yes, the spider cracks will be taken care of.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I stopped by the shop to look at the progress today. Painting is done, it just needs to be reassembled. I'll get it back just in time to put it away for the winter. It'll be like getting a new car in the spring.

I'll post pics as soon as I have it home.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:

Comment

it's all fixed!! Here is a pic of it back in action on a chassis dyno today. See my other new thread for detail on the dyno results!

Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Always liked that color, had that on my Impala SS. Glad it's all back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  Always liked that color, had that on my Impala SS. Glad it's all back to normal.
                  Yeah, your car looks fantastic - paint, engine bay, rims, the color combo, everything. Kudos to you for keeping it like new.
                  Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
                  2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Thanks!

Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                      I was in line at the grade school to drop my kids off. Inching forward every few seconds as cars in the drop off zone unloaded their kids. I wasn't even moving, and the car shook. A hurried driver decided not to wait in the line of cars and cut around to the left. She didn't leave enough room and because of the way the line winds around she brushed the front drivers corner of my Z28.

There was a witness, and the driver admitted fault. The body shop puts the estimate at $1350. The front where the nose meets the fender is pushed in and the paint is chipped in some places and rubbed completely through in other places.

I have to laugh. I just got the Vette back from $5000 worth of work and now the same body shop has my Camaro for repairs.

I'll post pictures later this evening.

I would've start throwing fists after ing...
                      My toys...
                      the Garage Queen - 2002 UltraZ Camaro
                      The DD- 1998 T/A WS6 clone with LS6 top end
                      The Long project - 1985 Z28 383 POWER 10sec 1/4
                      The off road toy - 1988 1500 Sierra 4x4

Comment

Just remembered this thread - there is more to the story that never got told here.

So after the bumper got fixed in 2010 I put the car into storage. Over the winter I began gathering parts for springtime upgrades. I had new C5 brakes and some SLP Bilstein shocks to install.

In the spring 2011 I brought the car home and started installing the parts. Once it was all buttoned back up and pretty I grabbed my friend Dave and we went for a maiden voyage to bed in the brakes, which worked perfect.

Halfway back home I asked Dave if he wanted to drive it the rest of the way home. I stopped the car at a deserted "T" intersection on a country road and we swapped seats.

Dave - now Dave has no experience driving rear wheel drive cars. He had a hopped up turbo Honda he always talked about drag racing in so I thought it would be cool to let him see how American muscle felt.

Dave gets in the drivers seat, points the wheels to the right, brings up the RPMs a bit, then gives it a bunch of gas and lets out the clutch thinking he's going to fish tail the rear a little and be all cool.

5 seconds later we are facing the other way in the ditch on the other side of the road not even 40 feet from where we switched seats. The car is highsided on 2 wheels and not going anywhere. Dave is completely embarrassed and I am just shaking my head in complete disbelief.

So we are sitting in the car because it's cold out and we didn't bring jackets, stuck in the ditch, for Dave's brother to come pull us out. Dave breaks the uneasy silence to look at me and say "I bet you are pretty mad at me right now." I replied - "I'm not exactly happy, but you haven't done anything I haven't done at least 3 times."

Dave's brother came out with a truck and a tow strap and we pulled the car back out onto the road from the rear axle. All appeared fine.... Then I notice it. The brand new front fascia is cracked along the bottom edge from a rock that was in the ditch.

So, the body shop that has just replaced the fascia in fall 2010 got to once again replace it in the spring 2011. Dave made good, admitted his mistake and paid for it. I have to admit it was partially my fault for letting someone I knew had no experience with rear wheel drive cars drive mine.

I now have a punchcard that says "buy 4 new fascias and get the 5th fascia for free" that has two punches in it. I'm halfway to a free one!!

Oh well, just thought I'd share. it was an experience, and all is well again. It could of been a whole lot worse.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

Your friend was careless and disrespectful. Not saying he isn't a nice guy or a good friend, just saying... that was a pretty silly thing to do with someone else's car. Glad you were a good sport about it.

So, is it all refixed AGAIN like new?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                            Your friend was careless and disrespectful. Not saying he isn't a nice guy or a good friend, just saying... that was a pretty silly thing to do with someone else's car. Glad you were a good sport about it.

So, is it all refixed AGAIN like new?
                            Yeah, it's all refixed. Kelly Moss found another NOS OEM fascia, painted it and installed it. You are right about what he did being careless adn disrespectful. He learned an important lesson that day as far as how to treat other people's property. Thankfully the damage was only cosmetic and limited to the front fascia.

I was a sport about it because we've all made stupid mistakes due to poor judgement in life, myself included. I've damaged other people's cars myself, as well as my own. I've grown and matured as a result from some painful and expensive lessons.
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                            X