No announcement yet.

Hard to start after 10+ days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifted the fuel rail and the injectors did not leak.

On another board they suggested fuel filter or fuel pressure regulator besides the fuel pump.

Since I have not changed the fuel filter since I own it, it is on my list this weekend and also checking out the pressure regulator. DO the simple and cheaper things first
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

theres a ton of test and what not that can be done. i havent turned a wrench in 5 years now. i deff agree with going with the cheaper fix first
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Replaced the fuel filter first and then the fuel pressure regulator which did not resolve the low pressure.

Finally got to cut the access hole in the trunk and replace the pump with a kit from Racetronix. Fairly straight forward job.

Upon ignition on, the pumps brings 45 psi and then drops just below 40. With the engine running the pressure is at around 38 psi on idle and when driving it goes up to 45 psi. So all seems right.

The only thing that puzzles me is the fact that the fuel pressure now drops instantly after shutting down the engine???
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
        X