NFB ABS on an Explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB ABS on an Explorer

I understand a decent amount about breaks the only thing I don't get is ABS. My friend asked me to take a look at his 91 explorer because it has a light flashing on once in a while that says rear ABS inop. (or something like that). I've driven it and they seem fine. I even kicked on the ABS in the snow this past weekend and they worked good. Is this just a faulty sensor or what else should I be looking for.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

if you know brakes...then you have to learn to spell it right.........hahahahahahaahahahahahaha (j/K)

sounds like a sensor thing to me... if i remember correctly, the Exploader.......er..Exployer.. had some TSB's to that effect.

back when abs first came out..alot of trucks got rear abs only... i was thrown by the light then you mentioned..for abs systems dont have a seperate light for front and rear, that im aware of... this vehicle may be a rear abs only.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Same here

It's the sensor. It's located over the axle in the rear near the pumpkin. It was cheap but I had to go to the dealer, of the usual stores had it, not sure why (since it was so common to fail). Changed mine about two months ago, and the light went away.
      NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
      (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

breaks...sorry must have been around exhaust fumes to long lol. Yeah his is only the rear ABS. Not sure why they'd do that though cause wouldn't that make rear braking very limited if you had to pump them cause the front were sliding? Thanks for the help i'll put on a new sensor and see if that clears it up.
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
        X