Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*WARNING* This will tick you off STRIKES BACK!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lion

The video itself shows that the lion wasn't hunted for food. (OK, so it's just my opinion.)
    • Observations:
    • Too many people
    • Too much noise
    • From the time one hunter said "wait" the lion was in a kill postion for more than 30 seconds, more than enough time to take a shot. IMO a hunter killing the lion for consumption would not have hesitated while he had a clear shot at a semi-stationary target, and mostly likely would have killed it with the first shot.
    • This lion was given the time to become the hunter instead of the hunted.

• Questions:
    • How did the lion know where the hunters were, and why?
    • Animals don't usually run toward gun shots, this one did, why?

Really, I'm at a loss for words, for people who think this is a sport.

Comment

Re: Lion

Originally posted by raul.garcia
      The video itself shows that the lion wasn't hunted for food. (OK, so it's just my opinion.)
      • Observations:
      • Too many people
      • Too much noise
      • From the time one hunter said "wait" the lion was in a kill postion for more than 30 seconds, more than enough time to take a shot. IMO a hunter killing the lion for consumption would not have hesitated while he had a clear shot at a semi-stationary target, and mostly likely would have killed it with the first shot.
      • This lion was given the time to become the hunter instead of the hunted.

• Questions:
      • How did the lion know where the hunters were, and why?
      • Animals don't usually run toward gun shots, this one did, why?

Really, I'm at a loss for words, for people who think this is a sport.
      To help try to answer some of your questions:

Animals generally have a great sense of both hearing and seeing((much better than any human). As you have said the hunting party made a lot of noise, which could have made it easy for the lion to locate the hunter. As I have said animals also tend to have a great sense of smell; at hunters education they teach you that you need to always stalk prey down wind so they cannot smell you.

As for the lion running at the hunters; I've both seen and heard of this happening all the time. People who hunt wild boar know that if they don't kill on the first shot they better head for cover (I've seen pictures in Field and Stream of a person severly injured by a boar that was shot but only wounded). Simply put if you tick off some predators by wounding them, the hunter may become the hunted it's natural instinct.
      94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

Comment

whitetailed deer even will attack hunters i know people who have been charged by one before and they are really bad about charging during the rut
        1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
        1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
        1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
        1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
        1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

Working...
        X