speeding tickets and what they cost in your area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Performin Norman
    I can't tell you. I get all mine taken care of.
    Yeah.... and your insurance doesn't go up either... eh Norm?

hehehheeeee

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

hey Aaron

dont sound bad are you at belle chase base.my car is in the shop right now but should be out soon drop me a line
      Attached Files
      have you out run a ford lately

Comment

I have had a few in my short life so far,

Ohio is a pretty bad state as far as catching speeders. Especially around I-70-I-75 closer to the cities.

I had a ticket in Augusta, Georgia doing like 80s in a 50, construction zone. Cost me like $300 dollars. I got it reduced and went to court after taking a defensive drivers course.

I had a couple in Kentucky, one near Paduka County. $50-80s

South Carolina is pretty bad too sometimes. Only $50-60

I had one in San Antonio and I was doing like 90s in a 65. Cost me like $240.

I'm a slow learner.
        Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Here in New York there is no set fine. Rather there's a minimum but they look at your recent driving record and ratchet up the fines with bogus parking tickets. My last ticket was 82 in a 55 and it cost me 200.00 plus 200.00 for "parking " tickets plus 25.00 for driving school. They lowered the 6 points to 3 as part of the deal.
          Now with my radar/laser detector haven"t had a ticket in 4 years.(Knock on wood)
          97 Z28 Vert A4, TPiS Longtubes, Motive 3.73, Powerdyne 6 psi S/C w/ bypass valve, Mad Z28 PCM tune, MSD 6A, #30 SVO Injectors, custom Random dual cat y-pipe. Magnaflow, factory SS rear spoiler w RS skirt kit, Cragar Classic 5 spokes, Line lock, Transgo shift kit,Gearvendors .78 Overdrive for highway.

Comment

well i havent recieved a speeding ticket yet but ive been with my uncle a few tiems that we've been pulled over
            and the worst one he has recieved was around $190 for 85 in a 65 in kentucky and then since he was form indiana they added another i think $80 for being out of state and then like $20 dollars or sometihng like that for settling it out of court
            but one time when we were on our way to indy about to brownsburg we got pulled over for and 85 in a 50 and got off with a warning because i lost my football game that night and the cop felt bad for me so we were lucky there
            1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
            1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
            1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
            1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
            1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

I was doing 135 in a 45 luckly the cop didn't clock me because he was driving on the highway he gave me a ticket for exhibition of acceleration and the ticket was $293.00 I was 18 and just got my Z28 thank god for defensive driving. I only had to pay $60 dollars for court costs Dallas, Texas.

Comment

bml1023

In Oklahoma you can get a discount on your insurance for taking a defensive driving course. Let your insurance agent have a copy of that certificate when you complete the class and see if it lowers your rates. Mine lowered about 10% which is 120.00 cheaper per year for the next three years just for spending one day and twenty-five dollars.

oh yeah and quit driving like that before we read your obituary. take it to the strip and have fun there with ambulance and rescue workers standing by incase of a problem. With that said, I am off to do donuts in my culdesac.

Jason

Comment

Well my last ticket was only $78 for going 71 in a 55, but I had to follow the cop to a little police station and pay cash or you know what...

When I lived in Virginia a good while back, I got clocked for going 156 in a 55, and that got me 30 days in jail. I never would have got caught, but I ran out of interstate and there was 4 squads for me at the end plus the one guy about a half mile behind me. I was in court & jail with another guy who outran the cops on a rocket and finally got caught at his house (bike off, engine warm) and arrested him. He told the judge he had a "wild hair up his ___" and the Judge said 30 days just like me. That judge was 'Hangin Judge Hitchens'. Some days we had baloney sandwiches, and other days it was just cheese sandwiches.

Comment

Here in Chicago I got a 91 in a 55 it cost 150 bucks and i got an 8 hour traffic school set for february 6th, 2004. Good thing the cop didnt clock me like 10 seconds earlier cuz i was up to 123 mph. then i turned and tried to out run the cop but that didnt work to well because the road i turned on had heavy traffic slow pokes. anything 40 and over in chicago is considered reckless driving and you get arrested. thats just what the judge told me cuz i got like a 15 minute lecture from the judge. owe well, $hit happens
                    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

my friend just got a ticket for going 34 in a 25 and it was $325 (school zone)

orlando, fl

Comment

i got clocked at 87 in a 45 and i got off with pure con.if he would have clocked me 20 seconds earlier i was doin like 130.ive never been pulled over going faster than that, god forbid im 16 with 2 points on my licnese i would loose my licnese and have driving coarses and community service if i got caught topping out. ahhhhhh
                        1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Working...
                        X