Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me the Supercharger makes the decision easy for me.

GTP all the way. Especially if it is going to be a daily driver too.

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

You guys are probably right... I should go with the GTP. But when I saw this picture on another post... I just wanted one!!

No F-Body right now

Comment

Let give him the credit of even buying a f-body...if V6's were such a "waste" of metal, why make em?
        Why, so that little 16 yr old girls in highschool can have a car to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by briantech
          If you were serious, that was completely un-called for.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Based on the content of most of your posts, your are a condescending clod with a huge 'tude. You have no respect for anyone. Why do you bother to waste your time on the people you have so little respect for?
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

come on dude. this is not in the spirit of this forum or f body brotherhood.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

insurance

my little brother just got a 6 cyl. 97 firebird and he pays like 335 a month because he has an accident on his record. I have never even came close to spending that much on insurance. right now i pay 182 a month for my 99 TA, 2000 Galant SE (V6 pretty fast for a four door) and my renters insurace for my apartment. gota love USAA insurance company.

99 T/A WS-6
                SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
                2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
                88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

first off, it was a joke, this is the internet, and y'all need to lighten up a little.

Secondly the big 3 auto manufacturers is where I got it from. They know perfectly well that they intentionally market their base, V6 models of cars to girls, and the "muscle car" versions to guys. Its just demographics, and its just business. If daddy's gonna go out and buy Cindy a new firebird, chances are they're going to decide she doesnt need the 330 HP WS6 version. Obviously, as with everything, there are exceptions, but in general I personally as well as many people I know have noticed it. Hell, they must have been giving out V6 mustangs and camaros to girls in my highschool there were so many that had them.

On the other hand, the only people I can think of who have the V8 Versions: my maintence guy kevin (5.0 mustang), me, one of my nextdoor neighboors (97 ws6), one kid in HS had a SS, and there's a few guys i've seen driving WS6's/firehawks around campus. all guys.

I'm not saying theres anything wrong with anyone owning a V6, or that there's anything wrong with V6 Fbods, or that you're no longer a guy if you have one, or any other kind of crap like that. But LimTeng99TransAm simply said, if they're such a waste of metal why make them? Its cause they can sell them just fine... but mostly to 16-24 yr old females.

Comment

first off, it was a joke, this is the internet, and y'all need to lighten up a little.

Secondly the big 3 auto manufacturers is where I got it from. They know perfectly well that they intentionally market their base, V6 models of cars to girls, and the "muscle car" versions to guys. Its just demographics, and its just business. If daddy's gonna go out and buy Cindy a new firebird, chances are they're going to decide she doesnt need the 330 HP WS6 version. Obviously, as with everything, there are exceptions, but in general I personally as well as many people I know have noticed it. Hell, they must have been giving out V6 mustangs and camaros to girls in my highschool there were so many that had them.

On the other hand, the only people I can think of who have the V8 Versions: my maintence guy kevin (5.0 mustang), me, one of my nextdoor neighboors (97 ws6), one kid in HS had a SS, and there's a few guys i've seen driving WS6's/firehawks around campus. all guys.

I'm not saying theres anything wrong with anyone owning a V6, or that there's anything wrong with V6 Fbods, or that you're no longer a guy if you have one, or any other kind of crap like that. But LimTeng99TransAm simply said, if they're such a waste of metal why make them? Its cause they can sell them just fine... but mostly to 16-24 yr old females.
                    the majority of the young men, single, under 25, in this country, cant afford the insurance of a v8 muscle car.

"first off, it was a joke, this is the internet, and y'all need to lighten up a little."

no......you need to choose your wording more carefull so as not to offend folks. this may be the internet......but thats no excuse for implying a flame. its all part of forum savy. everyone does fine, now and then folks make a mistake......learn from them and dont always blame everyone else.

peace.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Where's the LOVE MAN

Can't we all get along

Comment

The HULK has spoken.

99 T/A WS-6
                        SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
                        2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
                        88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

As usual, our "friend" briantech is into his unabashed stereotyping.... first it was Mexicans, then it was old people, etc..... now its V6 owners. I'm sure he will cite numerous studies to prove his point.

I'd like him to run his car against a few V6's that I have seen. One of the top NHRA "stock" class V6's was run by a (horrors) woman, and runs faster than 90% of the V8 cars on this board. GM High Tech Performance magazine had a feature article on one of our local NJ guys (let's see if we can label him with some derogatory stereotype) who is know as "12secondV6"..... can you guess why? I have also seen V6 F-Bodys run in the 11's.

I'd love to see the gee-I've-got-a-big-American-V8-muscle-car-and-everyone-else-is-slow-and-inferior types get his (or her ) clock cleaned by one of these cars.

Fred
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

As usual, our "friend" briantech is into his unabashed stereotyping
                            Based on the content of most of your posts, your are a condescending clod with a huge 'tude.
                            I'd love to see the gee-I've-got-a-big-American-V8-muscle-car-and-everyone-else-is-slow-and-inferior types get his (or her ) clock cleaned by one of these cars.
                            And (dare I say as usual?) you seem to jump straight to the personal attacks. Look, you can disagree with something I say, but you seem to be the only one around here who leaves the debating behind us and goes straight into the flames. I don't recall saying anything directly derogatory towards anyone, yet you have no problem doing it. What is so wrong with stating a fact, and then backing it up with sources?

Notice the difference between wolfmans response and yours.

Comment

Wrong attitude. Printed material on the internet is basically the same as the spoken word. Whether this is printed on a website or a conversation at the local bar, thought must be used before the words are printed or spoken. The printed word is less forgiving, if used incorrectly it is there for all to see. Not only that, it is there to see over and over with each person that reads gaining an opinion of the writer. It is indeed a double edged sword.

This isn't the first time Briantech....... several times in the past you typed something, someone takes offence and you back pedal stating it's a joke or everyone else needs to lighten up. It certainly appears that you are an instigator of controversy. I am going to suggest you put a little more thought into what you communicate. The only thing I see is that Fred cuts right to the heart of the matter and the feeling you get is that it offends you. I can't say whether I agree or not, but at least you now know how it feels to get your opinions stepped on. With that, it certainly appears that this thread is going down the wrong path and is now locked.

I really wish you guys could play nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X