its "that time of year"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve95formula
    We've had a heat wave here in Michigan this weekend so I fired up my Firefird Formula and let it idle for a few minutes to get all the fluids flowing again. Didn't drive it though. The roads are not that good yet but it was nice to get it out for a bit. I almosr forgot how nice it looked!
    Isn't it funny how a heat wave in Michigan means a break from freezing temperatures and here in South Texas it means 100+ temperatures. Funny !

Comment

I got to break my cabin feaver yesterday. We've just moved into a new house and the 2.5 car garage was *trashed* I could hardly walk in it, let alone get a car in it. I spent all day setting up shelving, workbenches, organizing tools. I hung the bikes up on hooks and swept the floor.

I look forward to the next few years of working on the Z in that garage. I was really cheered up by organizing my playspace in that garage. I miss summer. Everything is cold, dark, dirty and dead in the winter.

Comment

Yeah right, only if you get lucky. Several times I've seen oe experienced the " should be done by______" only to see something far worse. The last time it happened to me, "should be done in 3 weeks" turned into almost 8 weeks. Hope you are more lucky than that.
        actually it seems like i might. they gave me a nifty little belt-clip pager to keep with me, and they keep sending me text messages informing me of my car's status.

first one said estimated time would be 4-7 business days. next one said the cost was going to be $918.66.

Does that seem about right? For $918 would they be able to replace the tail light assembly, the bumper, the spoiler, and the dented side panel? More realistically I think THEY think they can just fix the damages... i guess sand down all the scuffed up / gouged areas, pop out the dent and repaint.

either way i guess my $500 deductable isn't that bad now.

Comment

Originally posted by tabahr
          I miss summer. Everything is cold, dark, dirty and dead in the winter.
          ditto that...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by briantech
            actually it seems like i might. they gave me a nifty little belt-clip pager to keep with me, and they keep sending me text messages informing me of my car's status.
            Wha....? That's awesome. (if it works). Each tail light is roughly $105, which they mark up probably double. So $400 for tail lights, $250 for a bumper cover and $350 for dent repair and paint is right in the ballpark.

What that also means is that you could order both the lenses for $210, the bumper cover $150 for a good reconditioned one, fix the dent yourself for maybe $40 in shop supplies and then spend $300 on quality paint. Definately a $500 deductible is a good deal!

Comment

niether car has been started now since sometime around the first of December. im gonna start em this week sometime. i think the battery is dead in the hawk. thats not like me....i know better.

this weather has detered anyone from wanting to come check em out for purchase..... dont blame them..i wouldnt take them for a test drive with all the salt on the road anyway....

Va. has been terrible this year!!!!!!

oh well....thank goodness for tax returns..that will cover a couple of my Envoy payments till spring and i can get these cars out in public for sale. mary's envoy is budgeted for...so its not a prob.....ive been on pins and needles about mine...hahahahaha

course..if we come into some funds.....the Comp TA wont be sold.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
              X