Front end vibration after new rotor and brakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end vibration after new rotor and brakes

no vibration when i brake.. only when crusing at certain speeds above 60 the steering wheel and front end vibrates . wheels out of balance maybe?

Re: Front end vibration after new rotor and brakes

Originally posted by 87pontiacTA
    no vibration when i brake.. only when crusing at certain speeds above 60 the steering wheel and front end vibrates . wheels out of balance maybe?
    sounds like tire balance to me. just weird that it would do it right after new rotors and brakes.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

yeah...

yeah i know.. but then again coincidentally it has been real rough out here with the snow and ice and potholes and stuff... im goin after work to the shop to have em check the balance..

Comment

Hmmm

Did you scrub the mounting surface real well when you put the new rotors on? I usually take a wire wheel and dress up the surface a bit to make sure that the rotor sits flat and true on the pad, otherwise you will throw the rotating assembly out of balance. Wheel weights won't fix this one.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
        95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
        Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

Are the lug nuts tight.

I had a Cutless Supreme Int. and everytime I had the front wheels removed for work I noticed vibration and noise a day later.

Everytime it turned out that the nuts weren't tight enough. Never found out why that was though.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated.. went and got 2 new tires today and that solved the problem.. they were kinda shot.. im going for an allignment today.. the wheel is a little off and it pulls slightly.. again thanks!

Comment

It sounded like a balance problem, I've also heard that rotors can get out of balance, some aftermarket ones even have weights on them.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
              2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Working...
              X