No announcement yet.

sugar in the gas tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey dude whats up sorry to hear about the sugar in the tank as every one else has said gotta flush the fuel system dude to the surger turns into a carmel like substance when it is heated to such tempature the chemical make up of surgar C6-H12-O6 when combustion takes place in a cylinder head (when sugar gets in cylinder w/gas) the hydrogen bonds get destroyed well the hydrogen and oxygen gets burnt off well whats left the carbon C is not burnt off well we all know What Co2 does to a fire
    perfect example this is why sugar can hurt an engine carbon will build up making the car choke thats why u get a hesatation when u start the car <learn somthing new everyday huh >just a thought lol hope i could give u alil insite
    whats going on and why sugar would do such things goodluck friend hope u clean it out good tell them to scrub the
    cylinder walls too

Comment

I finally made an official claim today and the insurance told me to take it to a mechanic, get a full estimate, then fax the info over to them. I have another appointment to go to a different shop where a Safeco rep will inspect the car and take some pics. He will forward the info to my claim rep, who will approve/disapprove of the repair costs. So my question is...is it possible for them to deny my claim?? The only reason why I would think he'd deny is insurance fraud or the mechanic replacing too much stuff that doesn't need to be replaced. Any ideas?
      Thanks in advance.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Well, I have an update of what happened to the T/A. Turns out the fuel pump stopped working altogether. Sounds about right because the syrup/sugar would really mess it up...especially because the fuel filter happens to be after the pump. I guess that's why my gas gauge was acting really funny too. It should be ready by later. I'm not sure if he'll do the injectors too, but I'll give him a call and find out.
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
        X