X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's ask this guy

Crazy Burnout Video

Comment

Yeh, burnouts look and sound cool but I have respect for the HP and want to put it on the track, where it safely belongs. I have see too many close calls

Have fun, but respect your F body, we want them to last!
      2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
      buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
      Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Originally posted by torqueless
        Let's ask this guy

Crazy Burnout Video
        That last one in the video is a freakin' burnout from hell!!!!

Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruz
          pretty impressive how he lights up the rears considering it is a front wheel drive car...????

Ruz
          umm, i'm fairly sure....yup, i mentioned it was a LUMINA. I don't know if yuo have em backwards in the U.S. but i've never heard of a fwd Lumina. he's got a 2000 model lumina by the way. Thus, rears are lit not the fronts.
          93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
          http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

I know that the overseas Luminas are not even close to our (US) Luminas...they are based on the Cadillac Catera - at least the one I'm familiar with is. Here's a picture:

The standard V6 is 215 hp and the V8 is a 325 hp LS1. This car is similar to the Holden Monaro (I think) which is what the GTO is based upon. Not sure about any other details but I'm positive it's rear wheel drive.
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

yeah my friends car is actually a holden commodore but i said Lumina coz itsd basically the same car and i figured no one in the u.s. knew what a holden was.
              93 camaro Z28, A4 auto

Comment

Oh ok cool. That's what I thought because I remember seeing a video of a race between an 1995 LT1 Z28 and an LS1 2000 Holden Commodore / Lumina. I was confused at the time because it looked nothing like the US Lumina. But I did some research and found out about this stuff, so everything was clear when I watched the video.
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

yeah surprisingly the holden commodores we have in Australia are much better than the lumina's chevy produces even though they use the same ls1 engine. Best car so far IMO is the holden (HSV)GTS coupe which is just so damn sexy or the holden monaro GTO which comes factory with 292kw and 510nm of torque. Its known as the next pontiac gto in the U.S. .
                  93 camaro Z28, A4 auto

Comment

My bad...how can one Lumina look so good (Holden) and our Lumina (Chevy) be a grocery getter??

That is a good lookin' car.

Ruz

Comment

Originally posted by torqueless
                      Let's ask this guy

Crazy Burnout Video

THAT's INSANE!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I can tell ya exactly what burnouts cost....100 bucks and a court date. I burned out so rarely with my 80 because I love the thing...its never seen a hard turn or a donut or anything abrubt but one day it was nice and i hadnt driven in a while and i just stepped on it. That was a crazy peel....the cop thought so too....only ticket ive ever gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerStripes80'
                          I can tell ya exactly what burnouts cost....100 bucks and a court date. I burned out so rarely with my 80 because I love the thing...its never seen a hard turn or a donut or anything abrubt but one day it was nice and i hadnt driven in a while and i just stepped on it. That was a crazy peel....the cop thought so too....only ticket ive ever gotten.
                          You're kind of like me in that I can't get away with anything.
                          I was out in the middle of Death Valley one time and it was so hot I had to roll the windows up (no AC). The car was running just fine despite the heat. Anyway, I decided to go through the gears a little bit. I do a nice smokey launch and by the time I am ready to slam it into 3rd I look over and hell if there isn't a cop parked under a tree. He just motions me over and then gives me a lecture. I tell him I am just out looking for a cactus for my yard, and he sees that I have a shovel in the back and decides to let me go after lecturing me some more. I didn't see another car for 1/2 hour. Everytime I get a ticket, it's a strange situation like that - only that was the only free pass I ever got

Comment

Working...
                          X