Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it me or just imports think they are fast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol >>

very true, i've kinda found that out. I still like to post on here though b/c I had an f-bod and you guys are very knowledgeable.. the problem w/ the "RICE" boards and the WRX ones is that most of the people don't know much when it comes to really technical stuff, at least I don't feel that they do..... So, I guess I'll just take the bashings and continue to get good advice on this board..
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

I never like perfromace import cars myself till a friend at work got a 03 WRX. It's pretty fast handles great and launching is in first without a hint of wheelspin fromthe AWD is nice. Performance parts seem to be much more expensive though. It will never be the same as a V-8 perfromace car but it's a nice practical car.

Comment

Even More annoying than imports...

Ya know what I hate more than imports? I live in a small town in Saskatchewan, canada. But being from Dallas, I know that there are SOME respectable and fast imports. However, there is this guy in the town I live in that drives a newer model Cavalier and he has got that thing so riced out it is scary. It is red and he has the huge body kit, a whale tail spoiler, a huge fart pipe out the back, and huge yellow decals all along the body. He also has the neon lights around his license plate and underneath the car. The saddest thing is I don't think he has even done anything to the engine. And that fool has revved his engine next to my car at lights. I don't race him simply because I know that even my V6 Camaro will spank a cavalier. But that's the way that alot of the rice boys in this town are, they just mod the body of the car but don't have a clue about modding an engine. My question is, why don't they save the money they spend on body kits and fart pipes and decals and buy themselves a real sports car?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I just happen to be thumbing through a catalog and ran across a whole section of ricer parts. I started to run a quick total on a collection of commonly seen parts......

Huge rear aluminum pedestal wing......... $399
          Mirror polished fart tip muffler..................$149
          Grossly overdone body kit (unpainted) ....$899
          Wheels and tire package(average prices).$1499
          Lowering kit............................................... $499
          Add prep work and paint...........................$700
          Overdone stereo installed........................$1000

This comes to a total of $5505.15 including tax (assuming an average of .07%) for add ons that add 5 HP, increase parasitic drag by probably 15%, adds 100 lbs of weight, and makes a $2500 car still worth $2500. So, for a grand total of $8005.15, you too can build a car that is slower, heavier, more prone to damage from curbs and potholes that when done, gives others around you headaches, causes copious amounts of laughter from the real performance crowd, still makes the car worth $2500 and lastly, makes the car a hard to sell item when the time comes. Where else but America can this kind of foolishness exist.

oops.... I forgot. Decals NOT included.

Comment

Re: Even More annoying than imports...

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
            My question is, why don't they save the money they spend on body kits and fart pipes and decals and buy themselves a real sports car?
            Ricer Philosophy 101

I figure they are mostly short-sighted kids with lower-paying jobs that have a cheap car that their parents bought for them or gave them, and who want to be cool with their peer group NOW so they spend their money in bits & pieces whenever they get it and don't have a big brother around to slap them upside the head and tell them that they can save for a year and score a real car. Also some kids are drawn to the visual which they can understand and not the harder core idea that they might have to do internal engine work to get real results. Our OEMs, aftermarket suppliers, and the media are all feeding the frenzy to make matters worse. Most Civics and econoboxes can't be fast without serious buckazoids being spent on them anyway, so maybe it's a moot point whether they try real mods or not.

Comment

Working...
            X