Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in an automaitc how to launch at the track?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in an automaitc how to launch at the track?

in an automatic LT1 should i just flow it off the take off at the strip or brake torque to the rpms right b4 the wheels start turning and then floor it?
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Usually guys just hold the brake with their left foot, bring the RPM's up as much as the convertor will allow and then give it the gas on the 3rd amber. Feather it in until you feel it bite and then floor it.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Do you have an aftermarket TC? If so which one? What stall?
      I find I get my best launches if I hold her to about 1200 RPMs (just to pre-load the DS and rear) and flash the converter on the 3rd amber. I switch up between the foot brake and line loc off the line. I manually shift mine, but with the 4L60E your best off leaving it in 3rd the entire trip down the lane.

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

whats................an "automatic"..????????????

an automatic will beat a 6 speed stop light to stop light any day of the week.............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

stock tc
          1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Working...
          X