No announcement yet.

well my good friends.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah, this is major! I was 17 years old when I first came to this forum. I still remember you as "Ken C" on the posts before the updates. This was when I first got got my Z, and man have you been helpful ever since then. My car wouldnt be where it is now if it wasnt for you and a lot of the people in here. For that, I tip my hat to you Ken! Im 21 now, and I still like to come in here everyday at least to look around and see how everyone's doing. But I guess the show must go on, good luck with the other car Ken, and thanks for everything! Hope to still catch a glimpse of you here often!
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
      Woah, this is major! I was 17 years old when I first came to this forum. I still remember you as "Ken C" on the posts before the updates. This was when I first got got my Z, and man have you been helpful ever since then. My car wouldnt be where it is now if it wasnt for you and a lot of the people in here. For that, I tip my hat to you Ken! Im 21 now, and I still like to come in here everyday at least to look around and see how everyone's doing. But I guess the show must go on, good luck with the other car Ken, and thanks for everything! Hope to still catch a glimpse of you here often!
      its folks like you that made this some of the best years of my life, broh....... thanks.

ill be comming here for sure. and you are welcome to email me or even stop by if you are ever out my way.

im still in the automotive buss. in the govt. and will be for some time. so anything i can help ya with...let me know....and of cource..anything i cant.....let Fred know.....LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Ken can't stay away. It's in his blood. He may try and deny it, but it is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Ken can't stay away. It's in his blood. He may try and deny it, but it is there.
          That's right folks. Ken will be like George Foreman. Retired-Unretired-Retired-Unretired (BTW George announced that he is training for a fight...) And every time a silver or black firebird comes down the road you will have to see if it is one of your old cars! Even with the Comp gone, you can't get too lost in the crowd with a wolfdog hanging out the window of the Envoy!

Comment

Besides that, I still "owe" him one. He knows it is coming at any moment and he's getting nervous.

Comment

Thanks Ken, I will definetly take you up on that offer should the opportunity ever come. I sure hope these guys are right when they say that you cant stay away. We may just have to wait for the fifth gen's to come out before we really get you back in here!
              1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Ken, I think I speak for everyone else on this Forum (those of us who have met you personally as well as those who know you only by your messages) when I offer my sincere thanks to you for your years of hard work, skill, willingness to share of your wealth of knowledge and expertise, and -- not least of all -- your camaraderie (note the correct spelling).

Here's wishing you much success in your future endeavors. I hope you will grace us with an on-line visit from time to time. Perhaps we will meet again at some car show (just don't let your mu . . . er, wolf-dog pee on my rims!).

My best to Mary.

Roger
                R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

I have been thinking for a couple of days of what to put into a reply for this post. I want to say something that will do you justice and the time and effort that you have given to this board. I havent been here long but I know of the inpact that you have on EVERYONE that is on here. One way or another you have touched and helped everyone here. Thanks and enjoy.
                  97 SS #C007
                  Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                  SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                    I second everything here ^^^.

I joined when I was 19, and I too, remember Ken C on the old forum I'll be 22 soon -- it's been a great 2.5 years here. You'll be missed, Ken. Thanks for all the advice when I was a stupid noob.
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

you guys are rippin me up man......im sitting here with a coors light and "hot eyes"..........

hardest thing i can remember doing other than having to let my Nikona go in 2002. (wolfdog).

ya know ......its not really about the cars....its about the folks......i ve always preached that.... and it is. thats why there aint no way i cant NOT hang out here.

i bought my first f body in 1967. a brand new 327 camaro. dern thats a long time ago. have had em since. bought my first pontiac f body in 1983....been a poncho man since..... had a night rider clone, had an iroc powered 87, had a 94GT.....the two slp cars.....and in between....had an SS396 Chevelle.....68. what a screemer. that was the one i got hung up on with drag racing. street and track. 12 second NA car..... 450hp......when we were done.... pull the front wheels off on second gear shift.... dern.......

anyway.......gonna be a long night for me.

i luv you guys.......

and Roger.....we go way back broh....thanks so much for your comments...... and i WILL see you.........in person. that i can assure ya!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Take a deep breath and have another cold one. I can feel for you. Maybe someday another one might come your way.

Good Luck!

Gary94Formula

K.I.T
                        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

It just isn't going to be the same broh, as long as I've been here, you have been here. I'm sure you will be stopping in from time to time, I know that we can always use your insight.

Take good care of you and yours my friend.

KnightFire
                          1993 Formula Firebird
                          Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I just wanted to say that you HAVE helped everyone on this forum. I joined this forum at the beginning of the year and I feel like I know some of you guys like a best friend, including you Wolfman. This forum is the best that I have ever seen and you are one of the biggest parts of it. I am also one of the young ones but I do understand. I understand that you have lead a great life (rescuing wolfdogs, owning F-bodies, etc.). Thank you for your help and keep up the good life and don't forget us!
                            1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
                            Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
                            Trans: TH700R4
                            Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Ken,

Congratulations on the sale of your Comp. Like most people that come to this board, I truly hope you'll stick around. You've been a pillar of this board since it's it's inception and I can't really picture it complete without you. While I don't post very much, I have been around here for a long time and want to say thanks for all the time you've spent helping people on this board. Although you may not remember me, a long time ago you helped me find a place in Fredericksburg (NTB) that would mount tires on my rims without damaging them. While I didn't get a chance to meet you, it shows how much you were willing to help someone that didn't even know. Thanks for your kind heart and friendly demeanour. I wish the best of luck to both you and Mary and I hope I get a chance to meet you sometime.

See you on the board,
                              Brian Nevala

Comment

Good luck, broh-diddely!

How is Jimbo doing? I never see him post on this board. Hope he and the wahine are doing well. Good luck to you and Mary in your future endeavors!

Comment

Working...
                                X