Apply Z5 over the Z1

Allow to dry 1 hour

remove Z1 and Z5 (looking good)

wipe down with Z6 (wow!)

apply coat of Z5

allow to dry

remove Z5 (looking even better)

wipe down with Z6 (holy crap!)

Tomorrow after work I'm going to apply some Z2, remove it and wipe it down again with Z6. This thing is already like glass.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
      which ones do you use ?? because mine is the same color.
      Wash with Dawn solution, clay bar (I was using one from Griot's Garage that I bought long before Zaino sold their own - but I've got one from Zaino to try), Z1 (I've never tried the ZFX), Z5, Z6, Z5, Z6 - until all the swirls are gone...... Z2, Z6. Wash with Z7, Z6...... California Duster, Z6.

The Dawn/clay/Z1 is a "first time only" thing. After that just decide if you want to cover up any swirls (Z5), or add to the gloss (Z2).

May sound expensive the first time for all those items, but if you use the products correctly - and that means a very thin coat - it lasts a long time. And don't forget the 100% US-made cotton towels. You can find top brand "seconds" in some of the "bath" and "home" kind of stores. And wash/dry them frequently, using NO softner or other laundry products other than a good detergent.

May sound like a lot of work... but with the Duster and Z6 (and the fact the car never sees the rain) the first show I went to last year I hadn't put any Z2 or Z5 on it for about one year. No trophy at that show, because as the winner from the year before I was one of the judges for the next year and was ineligible.

That's a Zaino'd 93 on the right......

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

i work at a car wash , you think the towels we use to wipe cars would be ok if i washed them with laundry detergent a bunch of times to get any chemicals out ?
        -Nick-
        95 A4 Z28

Comment

I just ordered another set....ZFX,Z5,Z7...that's all Too bad it'll be raining Saturday...I'll clean er' up on Sunday. It's gonna be a beautiful week...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
            I just ordered another set....ZFX,Z5,Z7...that's all Too bad it'll be raining Saturday...I'll clean er' up on Sunday. It's gonna be a beautiful week...
            Just do what I did yesterday in the rain... pull it in the garage and wash it inside. ...assuming you have a garage...
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
              Just do what I did yesterday in the rain... pull it in the garage and wash it inside. ...assuming you have a garage...
              LoL...yeah, I do...I usually wait for the rain to stop for a few minutes and wash her in the driveway...then pull her in the Garage to dry and Zaino...but seeing how Saturday might be an all day rain event, that won't be an option...it's okay, I'll be mounting my new WS6 rims anyways (thanks Gunter)...just gotta pick up the tires (nittos 555) and get them mounted...oh joy!!! I'm freaking excited.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                LoL...yeah, I do...I usually wait for the rain to stop for a few minutes and wash her in the driveway...then pull her in the Garage to dry and Zaino...but seeing how Saturday might be an all day rain event, that won't be an option...it's okay, I'll be mounting my new WS6 rims anyways (thanks Gunter)...just gotta pick up the tires (nittos 555) and get them mounted...oh joy!!! I'm freaking excited.
                Lat summer I washed my car in the pouring rain a couple times. Then I'd put it in the garage to dry it. My neighbors thought I was retarded. But... rain is soft water and actually makes a good rinse. Plus, I like playing in the nice warm summer rain.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

I've washed my car in the rain several times... why not? You're spraying water on it anyway, right? Just dry it off in the garage and you're good to go. Be prepared for some strange looks from your neighbors though!
                  Dave M
                  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I did a 3rd coat of Z5 last night, and a coat of Z2.

Another coat of Z2 tonight and I'm done.

It looks incredible. i've never had a car shine so deeply before.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
                      i work at a car wash , you think the towels we use to wipe cars would be ok if i washed them with laundry detergent a bunch of times to get any chemicals out ?
                      I wouldn't. Use only 100% made in USA cotton towels and mitts. I think NAPA is the only one that makes a true 100% cotton mitt anymore. The dftowels.com are also great. They are a natural fiber microfiber towel.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
                      KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

Working...
                      X